Jobseekers

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Kevin kiernan, Mar 8, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Kevin kiernan

Kevin kiernan Newcomer

Sun was out yesterday. First time this year I've seen the jobseekers popping out the woodwork. I will admit i was very annoyed with him as he was cleaning a house next door to the one i was cleaning for a fiver, exactly the same house as the one i was cleaning for 11. He said hes allowed to work 16 hours a week on his jobseekers, and doent have to pay tax on his window cleaning earnings! This cant be true surely?

The best bit is i asked him where he got his equipment from, haha and he showed me this! I hope he falls of his ladder and brakes something like his cistomers car windscreen, or his legs!

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. sdrah

sdrah Guest

5 quid for the tools ?! that's a lot lol

3. laddergarder

you can still get tax credits, but not job seekers.

4. Joshua D

Joshua D Active Member

All true Im afraid :( bet he doesnt have liability insurance!

5. laddergarder

6. cheapncheerful

yeh bet hes not there in the winter though....it is annoying :(

7. TolishAPurd

Nothing worse then seeing someone doing it on the cheap like that. Hopefully it will reflect in his work, especially when he realises he has to spend money on new rubber etc.

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Can't blame the chap for wanting to work so far play to him for doing so. It's just a pity that most when starting out just sell on price alone so to try to win plenty of work which in turn ultimately devalues the service. It's been going on for years so the sad fact is ppl are price conditioned how much they should be paying. Hence why some areas are not worth working unless you want to be a busy fool.

9. TolishAPurd

I think the problem I have with it is that I bet the guy goes over his 16hrs every week. Its almost impossible to police, and so its taken advantage of IMHO. And also, technically they are undercutting the taxpayers that pay thier benefits. Its not black and white, but I can see why some people get the hump. I personally just don't like seeing someone selling a service with substandard equipment- maybe because I'm a tool whore.:D

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

We all have to start somewhere no matter what kit we use and the hardest part is getting off yer **** and finding the work to do. That's why so may undersell their services I think.

Advertisement