Just An Idea

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by jimbob, Jan 24, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. jimbob

jimbob Well-Known Member

just been looking at the unger internal cleaning kit its the one were you spray pure water on the pad im after one on these for a few shops I do, but I just thought if they would be any good on the outsides with a long pole especially when its icy like it has been recently. has anyone got one of these/ tried it or willing to give it a go ? also any thought/ pitfalls this could have interested in what you all think

Advertisement
  2. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

i got the vikan indoor kit and i think its great works well for what i use it for.

dont think they will be great for outside windows due to the dirt, but if you buy the right pads and have one for cleaning it then change the pad and redo the window might work,

3. jimbob

jimbob Well-Known Member

the unger one has 2 types of pad a washing and a polishing one what are they like on insides? do you use loads of cloths and does it take a lot of scrubbing/buffing or is it just 1 or 2 passes I know they wont be very good for 1st cleans but the majority of my custies windows arnt 2 bad when I go back mainly just light spotting no real thick bits of muck apart from the odd bit of bird ****, I know its not gonna be good as an every day thing but it could mean less down time when theres snow

4. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

i use 1 pad per 6ft x 6ft window. gives a nice finish and no detaling or water to wipe up.

5. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

it dont take a lot to do it, only the first time i used it as i was getting used to it,

6. GMcleaning

GMcleaning Guru

no offense, but if someone turned up to clean my windows with one of those kits, inside or out, id lmao

Advertisement