Just bought myself another ladder..

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by TolishAPurd, Jun 14, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. TolishAPurd

Hope the link works; http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aluminum-...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I'm fed up of lugging my class1 industrial ladder about as its only a matter of time before I do my back in. And my round is getting bigger now involving a little walking between houses, so it would be nice to not be so tired before I even start work. Seemed a good buy to me, whadya think? I hope its long enough for average windows as I didn't have time to measure my current triple ladder, or at least the part I use on most houses.

Advertisement
  2. TolishAPurd

By the way, does anyone here know kung fu? If you could come round and stop my mrs beating the
    :turd: out of me when she finds out tomorrow that would be great.

Cheers.:D

3. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Uhh, this listing was ended as the item was lost or broken. Get a refund TAP :D

4. TolishAPurd

lol, that'll be awkward when he comes to deliver it tomorrow.
    :eek:

5. TolishAPurd

Whatdo you think of the price and size tuffers? Seemed a good deal to me as most of the WC ladders Ive seen go for more then £200 but I've not really looked around much.

6. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Nice. I'd probably get me feet caught up in that and gob it :D

7. TolishAPurd

Yeah, I'm not what you'ed call a 'nimble' build, and I've got size 11 feet so I'm not sure how I'll fair on it, but its gotta be better then what I'm using. I'll keep my biggun for the gutter work but the mrs is not going to be happy. I reckon the guy paid £230or so for it, and he says its like new, so I reckon I got a good deal so long as its as he described it. Can't wait to try it out.

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

kung fu is what I know but your on your own on that one grasshopper ...Good luck :D

9. TolishAPurd

Got it! ....and love it!

[​IMG]

Initial thoughts;

I cant believe how light this thing is. Its in very good condition, no dents/bends, and the rubber feet don't show hardly any wear so the guy was true to his word. It feels very stable, but as expected there is a lot more flex then I'm used to on my class 1 ladder. Raising it is just a dream though, you can even use just your thumb to steady the top section before engaging the locking bar.

The height seems perfect for all the houses I do. I generally try to stay away from 3floor work, so at least this gives me a good excuse now. nice to know I'm not carrying any unnecessary weight, apart from on my gut. :D

[​IMG]

I'm amazed by just how stable it is in use, the feet are about 6inches wider then my class 1. The class1 is wide, but this is a massive improvement.

[​IMG]

In use I like the more space you get to the side, and the fact that you don't need to stretch as the ladder puts your window in line with your shoulder. And the increased access in tighter spots is useful as I have a couple of awkward ones with pipes, bay windows etc. and things to avoid.

[​IMG]

I can't wait to give this thing a proper whirl. :)

10. cheapncheerful

not a type you see about much let us know how you get on...:)

Advertisement