Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Just Cleaned two Carvans this morning.

Parky

No mentions of this on here often. Talking to the customers not many people seem to do it?

I charged them £30 each. This included. Three sides (awning on the other) and roof. Seems to be a decent money maker.

Anyone else done this or got any advice? I used an older brush head and some Ubik. Jobs a good un.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

No mentions of this on here often. Talking to the customers not many people seem to do it?
I charged them £30 each. This included. Three sides (awning on the other) and roof. Seems to be a decent money maker.

Anyone else done this or got any advice? I used an older brush head and some Ubik. Jobs a good un.

Were the windows Perspex? Did you manage not to scratch them?

Last time I went on me hols (I caravan in the UK park holidays) I see one firm (independant) had the contract on the internal and external cleans x wouldn't tell me insides but outsides were 15 each twice a year which I thought was good on a site with well over 1000 caravans!

There is good money to be made in caravans if you can get the pricing right And there not too difficult to Clean if you have the gear! :thumbsup:

There is good money to be made in caravans if you can get the pricing right And there not too difficult to Clean if you have the gear! :thumbsup:
Christain, what gear would you recommend having? I thought a pressure sprayer and the usual wfp kit would do the trick?

Christain, what gear would you recommend having? I thought a pressure sprayer and the usual wfp kit would do the trick?
Yes, a decent sprayer and a wfp will do the trick! For access to the roof you can use a scaffold podium or ladder with standoff but make sure you don't scratch the sides. Use UBIK, No Nonsense degreaser etc first scrub and rinse off job done and get payed! For a static caravan roof and the sides charge £100 if it's got fancy awnings and patio,stairs etc then I would charge etc! You won't get many mobile caravans as I have noticed most owners do them themselves at home!

Cleaning a painted surface with a brush an ubik is just wrong but I suppose these owners must not care much about their caravan and just want it to look clean.

But there's a market for everything, I have done the odd one as a full valet so polished and waxed with the carpets cleaned inside etc. Maybe there a market for a immigrant type wash like you provide after all people are just as clueless about how to wash their cars properly.

Last edited by a moderator:
You should NOT use a pressure washer on caravans it blows the joints. I used to clean a few on a site a few years ago and was banned from useing one.

You should NOT use a pressure washer on caravans it blows the joints. I used to clean a few on a site a few years ago and was banned from useing one.
I was referring to a chemical sprayer rather than a pressure washer. How was you advised to clean them?

You can purchase caravan cleaner if you don't want to use No nonsense or UBIK. And with a nice soft flocked brush you ain't going to scratch anything as long as you take your time!

I used a truck brush and pole like the ones in b@q the have a male hoselock on the end. Spray with ubik and scrub over rinse off. Ubik won't get some of the tiger stripes off and iv tried using it neat. You can get a caravan cleaner can't remember what it's called it was £11 for half a litre. I used to hold cloth over the bottle end tip up and back and rub the tiger stripes with that come straight off. You can dilute it to the spec they give you to spray over the van instead of ubik but it's expensive useing that way and it doesn't take the tiger stripes off. The only places you normally get tiger stripes are windows doors Dodge joints and if the TV aerial is attached to the van.

Latest Posts

Back