Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

VAN SIGN WRITING IS IT WORTH IT

WCF

Help Support WCF:

chris70

Hi thinking of getting van signed up professionally to attract customers what sort of amount of new customers could i expect by doing this

cheers

Hi Chris! /emoticons/smile.png

Guess it depends, but I've just got mine "pimped out " 2 ,5 months ago and it got me 4 customers I know for sure , 2 noticed me in traffic . Got a big sign saying "window cleaning "

And my company website in smaller letters . Both sides and backdoors .I believe that it's most important to attract people by letting them know what you do by the title , the company name is secondary IMO , cause when you got their attention,of course they're gonna be interested in the company . In my area it's almost always the opposite way people decorate their van in my business. ( name biggest and trade smaller)Got one yesterday too :hehehe:

in my experience, it picks up the odd customer not loads but the odd one.

Is it worth it it that regard? depends how much youre spending, mine only cost £40 so no big deal

Main reason i would get signwriting is it looks good and make me feel good

Agree with adamangler, it does give you that sense of professionalism. If you were a potential customer, who would you go for, a window cleaner with no sign writing and no uniform, or the one that does have details on the side of his van and looks smart with his uniform with logo?

I know which one I would ask for a quote.

Also if you're a local window cleaner, you will get seen time and time again and they will realise that you are local and regular /emoticons/smile.png

Its like a leaflet in that regard of being seen overtime gets you into their head.

Ive not got a flashy van with expensive sign writing but from what ive read on the subject is that when people see you about time after time they will remember you subconcioulsy and if they ever need a window cleaner they will think oh what about that guy in that purple van or whatever i must get his number next time i see him pass.

Theres a carpet cleaner over in hull who has great big animals signed on his van, it has no relevance at all to carpet cleaning but people will remember that van!

If you want to appear proffesional to business get a sleek understated look, if you want to catch the general publics eye go bold and be different, stand out.

thanks for all ya replys people much apreciated think i will go ahead with it now i see

adamangler said about £40 so if i had front and both sides done by a firm how much would i be looking do ya think

Hi Chris! /emoticons/smile.pngGuess it depends, but I've just got mine "pimped out " 2 ,5 months ago and it got me 4 customers I know for sure , 2 noticed me in traffic . Got a big sign saying "window cleaning "

And my company website in smaller letters . Both sides and backdoors .I believe that it's most important to attract people by letting them know what you do by the title , the company name is secondary IMO , cause when you got their attention,of course they're gonna be interested in the company . In my area it's almost always the opposite way people decorate their van in my business. ( name biggest and trade smaller)Got one yesterday too :hehehe:
how much did you spend mate on sides and back

if done correctly it will bring in a significant amount of work,keeping it simple is the key.state clearly what you do-which is window cleaning.then add on services such as gutter cleaning upvc cleaning etc.saying that theres a geezer by me with a battered van.trad through and through,there both scruffy as hell,there minted with work even selling it on to other windies.ive also bought work off him.so its not what you know its who you know.

if done correctly it will bring in a significant amount of work,keeping it simple is the key.state clearly what you do-which is window cleaning.then add on services such as gutter cleaning upvc cleaning etc.saying that theres a geezer by me with a battered van.trad through and through,there both scruffy as hell,there minted with work even selling it on to other windies.ive also bought work off him.so its not what you know its who you know.
hi guys

i have done traditional now for 30 yrs but want to swap to water pole system, how much does it cost to have everything installed inside a van please?, and who installs them please, any info wud be most appeciated.

Wouldn't worry too much about the front - back and sides most important.

It's worth it IF the van is not a crock of :turd:, its got website details that people can google & people can hopefully fill out a free enquiry form, and it's got your first name and mobile number.

Once you've paid for it to be done its then effectively free advertising.

I paid a lot (£350-400) but I also had a terrible van to start off with which I almost didn't want to be seen in so didn't get sign writing till I was at least 18 months into the job.......with a better van /emoticons/smile.png

hi guys i have done traditional now for 30 yrs but want to swap to water pole system, how much does it cost to have everything installed inside a van please?, and who installs them please, any info wud be most appeciated.
hi guys i have done traditional now for 30 yrs but want to swap to water pole system, how much does it cost to have everything installed inside a van please?, and who installs them please, any info wud be most appeciated.

well worth it every penny we spend 3k on the wraps for our carpet cleaning vans and around 600 on the window cleaning vans worth every penny

with wraps you get what you pay for that's why we only use racoon in kent , top blokes in there field and there wraps ready do last 7 years

Just recently had mine done. Simple back and sides saying name and window cleaning underneath. Contact number email and phone number. Paid £160 for it all In all.

Like others said it looks more professional and people will notice it more than just a plain van.

signwriting its very worthwhile. anyone with a plain van hasnt confidence in what they do

in every case

how much did you spend mate on sides and back
150 just Like tax Said , so i guess it pretty fair . And its true , its Like a leaflet , just the kind that shows up all the Time in front of your custys neighbours Windows saying " hi ! Its me again!" :hehehe:

my vans have our logo and a list down the right hand side door on the rear of what jobs we undertake.

all of our work is tender work though so realistically no private joe bloggs is going to phone me looking for a one off house. We are based on building sites/social housing/housing association works.

Ive had a few folk who i talk to on new sites who have said they think they've seen our vans about, so if people are seeing mines, chances are your customers/new customers will see yours.

It looks professional if nothing else. I have one white van and i hate it as i want folk to see my company branding on the road as my van does around 25,000 miles a year

Latest Posts

Back