Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Friendly Window Cleaners Not Any More

WCF

Help Support WCF:

adyspurs

Picked up some work in a village near me a while ago where only had one window cleaner.Lady who's house I do told me to go in parish magazine so I did.

Told the bloke I've got some houses un village coz of this and he was fine.

6 months down the line I've taken half his work coz they aren't happy with him,shoddy work,no insurance as he broke something,I even charge more and I get job.

Threatend me but stood up to him as not scared.

Is this out of order what I've done but didn't canvass,no leafleting.

I've many window cleaner friends and wouldn't dream of taking work but this bloke was s#£t.

Any views.

Also interested in this etiquette of window cleaning never seen it in other trades from what I understand locally to me you have done nothing wrong he has seen his ars* cause he lost more than expected as for standing up to him defo but never come to blows in front of any custies so unprofessional arrange a meeting away from the area if its likely to come to blows

Well done mate put me at ease,posh ladies in village hated him but like me!!!no seriously ended there accidentally and swooped across it by mistake.as for standing up to him,came up to me,swore at me while doing house.caught up with him in tescos,arrange meet an all that didn't want to know.i did warn him I was working in village prior to gaining his work.

At the meet if required fight like its your last fight pal win or loose they better know not to come back never failed me yet

Know where your coming from fella,no worries though,he's a fat little lump and use to do kick boxing,end of.

Plenty of fruit cakes about for sure but at the end of the day we all should act like adult not like silly little boys wanting a playground fight over something that is out of our control. :rolleyes:

Plenty of fruit cakes about for sure but at the end of the day we all should act like adult not like silly little boys wanting a playground fight over something that is out of our control. :rolleyes:
some areas are more cut throat than others and certain etiquette s stand in different areas its in your own interest to know the etiquette and then make your decision if you will abide by it or stand up to it but some will change the etiquette rules to suit themselves that's when you gotta stand your ground

We have been lied to. We have bought rounds and the seller has said they are giving up window cleaning. Then two years later see em again cleaning.

Luckily nobody in the firm is skinny lmao.

Ive had a couple of run ins with rival windys, theyve come over shouting their mouth, ive allways just laughed at em and told em to p**s off or the couple of times its got heavy you just have to get heavier if u know what i mean.

I mean jesus theres plenty of work out there for everyone, got a windy works in one of the villages i do and hes a sound old boy even passed 10 houses my way when he converted to wfp as those custies didnt like the idea (old folk), so goes to show there is some decent ones still about.

When I read some of these threads about small villages and standing your ground to **** window cleaner I am grateful of living in south london and not in norfolk anymore...

It must be a different experience just tying to get enough houses and also have to compete for houses.

Not all villages are like this but theres a few, had one guy come over shouting the odds but told him straight that the customer asked me to clean her windows as he hadnt been for 10 months! he ended up going away feeling very stupid lol

Ive had a couple of run ins with rival windys, theyve come over shouting their mouth, ive allways just laughed at em and told em to p**s off or the couple of times its got heavy you just have to get heavier if u know what i mean.I mean jesus theres plenty of work out there for everyone, got a windy works in one of the villages i do and hes a sound old boy even passed 10 houses my way when he converted to wfp as those custies didnt like the idea (old folk), so goes to show there is some decent ones still about.
well said mate,you've all done well and sorry offended,let's start again,group hug.

Round my way we all get on but you get one or two who get narky but you tend to find they don't take pride in work and lose a lot. There is no turf war as such but I've swooped over a few villages through bad workmanship where customers came to me.

When I read some of these threads about small villages and standing your ground to **** window cleaner I am grateful of living in south london and not in norfolk anymore...luckily live in town as well and city near by so don't just have village work.

Use to do National work mate in those Norfolk areas and they have a nightmare some of the lads have told me.

Time to crack on late start today as worked late carpet cleaning last night.interesting lads talk later.

It must be a different experience just tying to get enough houses and also have to compete for houses.

Back