Just great

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Tuffers, Jun 5, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I have been trying to erect a greenhouse (flat packed) since Saturday. Slowly slowly catchy monkey has been my motto, been doing a bit, scratching me head, having a ciggy and doing a bit more. On the final hurdle tonight and.....smash goes a piece of glass. I only put it down gently and it smashed into smithereens. How do I go about getting a replacement? Ring them up and say it was missing or complain it smashed too easily, seeing as it's toughened glass? I've still got to slide the greenhouse in place yet too, and I can see the whole friggin lot going kaboom :confused:

Advertisement
  2. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

Either complain and ask for a replacement or nip to your local glass supplier....shouldnt cost too much.

Have you got anything to put in there.

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I would not like to attempt to move a greenhouse glazed as like you say could end in tears.
    Good luck

4. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

mmmm sounds like a pig of a job an if ur any thing like me the hole lote will go kaboom haha ide say it was missing as if u said o it broke they will say its ur falt

5. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

That's my problem Smurf, it has to go in a corner and there is no way of glazing it when it's in the corner. I also thought about just glazing the part I won't be able to get to and glazing the rest when in place, but maybe if I glaze it all and then slide it into place it will make it more rigid and less likely to crack a few panes. Never broke a piece of glass cleaning them, but putting a piece of glass down and kaboom :D

Might tell them it was missing. Did that with a cabinet a few years back. A flat pack job and I stuck a piece of glass to the wrong part. Tried to prise it off and kaboom, all over the lounge carpet :eek:. A sharp phone call about a missing part of glass and all was sorted :)

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Let us know how you get on ;)

7. cheapncheerful

hey we want pics...good luck ...scares the bejesus out of me doing anything like that....mind you ...my greenhouse used to be my dads lean to....god knows how i got it here or how i put it up but its still going albeit a bit rotten....

oh god ...just remembered ....not even potted up me mums tomato plants yet...too busy doing everybody elses garden..good luck tuffers...and just think of the reward off mrs t...:D:D:D

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Yes pics please Tuffers if it all goes horribly wrong :rolleyes:

9. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

At last and only one pane of glass smashed. Rang them up and said it came broke and they are sending another pane out next week.

[​IMG]

10. cheapncheerful

lovely job tuffers....god my garden looks so much like a jungle ...yours be so neat and tidy..

.all ready for some nice pot plants:devil:

Advertisement