just lost a nice job

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by A.K WINDOWS, Feb 24, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. A.K WINDOWS

Ok guys just lost a pub i landed a while ago every 4 weeks clean,got to job toady and they said no were making cut backs!!!no phone call no nothing!

nice slice of coin this too as it was for ins and outs doing.

now heres my question to you and im wanting to do this from now on,do any of you guys get these commercial jobs to sign a contract when they say they want them every month ect??

im looking into writing one up say in so many words that they must sign for 12 months for monthly cleans or if they break contract they will have to pay me full outstanding amounts,ect ect.

any help on this matter or am im p1ssing in the wind here.

Advertisement
  2. mr shine

mr shine Guru

do you think that commercial customers will commit to a contract in these uncertain times personally i wouldnt go down this route as i think it would actually cause you to loose potential customers

3. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

Sorry to hear you lost a nice job.
    I wouldn’t bother with a formal contract if you serve small commercial accounts.

I will say work towards getting all your customers as “a nice job” and then replenish them as you and customers both change.
    Richard

4. laddergarder

No buddy, I don't think that would be a good idea, you will loss a customer here and there, from time to time, that's just part of the game. But you will also pick a few up here and there, from time to time as well :)

5. A.K WINDOWS

ok thanks for the replys makes you sick tho dont it they had loads of prices given witch i didnt know the quotes,and i gave the best price and they were happy as hell with it.

finding it real hard at the min to pick any work up everywere you go theres a windy in the street.too many about.

6. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

Its a sh*t deal when that happens, but it does happen, you just have to accept it and move on. Trying to implement a contract will just put prospective customers off.

7. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

I lost a pub last year - did the outside, went to do the inside & the lady behind the bar, who had been watching me said that she was the new land lady and they didn't want the windows cleaned, as they hadn't agreed to it they weren't paying.

The previous landlord I had seen two weeks earlier, and he never said a word about leaving.

Chalked it up to experience.

Must say it was gratifying though, when one of the customers who had seen the whole thing said that he had seen the whole thing & told the landlady that he would not be going back.

Last month the pub changed hands again - guess what! - I'm back doing the windows.

8. Iain

Iain Guru

We don't do ANYTHING without a contract. Any commercial customer will happily sign up for a contract as its in their interest as well. The question is why wouldn't someone want to sign a contract? If they've verbally agreed to something then it's only right to get this in writing.

Some people are funny about cancellation periods but as long as these are discussed and agreed before hand then what's the problem?

9. chip

chip Guru

sorry bud, lousy when it happens. i always say when you pick a biggy up it's great but a mare when it's lost, so i try to look at it as the smaller jobs are the bread and butter and the big jobs as bonus, just helps a bit psychologically for me if i view it as them not being the bill payers

10. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

I can understand this if it was a BIG commercial job, but a pub?, i know you can get some big ones, but most are 'biggish house' sized. Would you ask a domestic customer to sign a contract?.

Advertisement