Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

just lost a nice job

A.K WINDOWS

Ok guys just lost a pub i landed a while ago every 4 weeks clean,got to job toady and they said no were making cut backs!!!no phone call no nothing!

nice slice of coin this too as it was for ins and outs doing.

now heres my question to you and im wanting to do this from now on,do any of you guys get these commercial jobs to sign a contract when they say they want them every month ect??

im looking into writing one up say in so many words that they must sign for 12 months for monthly cleans or if they break contract they will have to pay me full outstanding amounts,ect ect.

any help on this matter or am im p1ssing in the wind here.

do you think that commercial customers will commit to a contract in these uncertain times personally i wouldnt go down this route as i think it would actually cause you to loose potential customers

Sorry to hear you lost a nice job.

I wouldn’t bother with a formal contract if you serve small commercial accounts.

I will say work towards getting all your customers as “a nice job” and then replenish them as you and customers both change.

Richard

No buddy, I don't think that would be a good idea, you will loss a customer here and there, from time to time, that's just part of the game. But you will also pick a few up here and there, from time to time as well :)

ok thanks for the replys makes you sick tho dont it they had loads of prices given witch i didnt know the quotes,and i gave the best price and they were happy as hell with it.

finding it real hard at the min to pick any work up everywere you go theres a windy in the street.too many about.

I lost a pub last year - did the outside, went to do the inside & the lady behind the bar, who had been watching me said that she was the new land lady and they didn't want the windows cleaned, as they hadn't agreed to it they weren't paying.

The previous landlord I had seen two weeks earlier, and he never said a word about leaving.

Chalked it up to experience.

Must say it was gratifying though, when one of the customers who had seen the whole thing said that he had seen the whole thing & told the landlady that he would not be going back.

Last month the pub changed hands again - guess what! - I'm back doing the windows.

We don't do ANYTHING without a contract. Any commercial customer will happily sign up for a contract as its in their interest as well. The question is why wouldn't someone want to sign a contract? If they've verbally agreed to something then it's only right to get this in writing.

Some people are funny about cancellation periods but as long as these are discussed and agreed before hand then what's the problem?

sorry bud, lousy when it happens. i always say when you pick a biggy up it's great but a mare when it's lost, so i try to look at it as the smaller jobs are the bread and butter and the big jobs as bonus, just helps a bit psychologically for me if i view it as them not being the bill payers

well badbus ive even thought about asking custys at one point as i only do every 4 weeks cleans and these scumbags that only have you do them once then cancel well it gets on my t1ts.

one step foward 10 back it seems of late.

You already have a verbal contract, if you have business terms and conditions that should be enough to cover this type of problem???

You can send them a bill, but not all will pay and its up to you whether you want to spend time chasing up the payment.

Richard

all good info thanks,yeah badbus that would be hard to get away with considering half the windys do a runner after 4 months or so lol,so getting money upfront would be a gamble for most people id say.ive had hassle with people over set dates for gates and payments ect some realy funny folk out there i say to them give me your email or phone number and i will contact you before im comming to leave gates ect open they say oh no we cant give out our email or numbers lol jokers!!!its no wonder people go under.i will keep the faith mate:)

are you into northern soul??lol.....

richard good point mate cheers.

glad to here that bad bus im into it too,my mum and dad were big northerners back int the day at the central ***ht club leeds.

there still doing the all dayers/all ***hters there with the same djs.

ive always been fasanated by the mods and stuff like that a nice area my old fella was a mod.

i hate 99% of all acts that have started this century. why are'nt people like katy perry in jail? murders a crime and she and many others postively butcher the music industry. don't get me started on x factor!

i done a first clean last month, and turned up to do a clean yesterday and women comes out of the house, not this month, just said no problem will take you off the list and walked off, hate 8 weekers and hate it when they wait for you to get all the gear out bfore saying so,

glad to here that bad bus im into it too,my mum and dad were big northerners back int the day at the central ***ht club leeds.

there still doing the all dayers/all ***hters there with the same djs.

ive always been fasanated by the mods and stuff like that a nice area my old fella was a mod.
Sounds good mate, must have been a lot of fun for you growing up around it!. I have a very wide taste in music, including northern soul, but not very keen on a lot of what passes for music these days!.

Did your old man have one of them scooters with heaps of lights and mirrors?, they were well cool!. :)
yeah mate he had one and still has the same one now but hasnt been on the road for 20 years lol its a vespa p200e were on about do a refurb on it and getting it running again,mint lil project.theres a huge scooter following in leeds still.big meets ect.

i also have a wide liking in music i like alot of old rave stuff 88 to 94 acid house italian house and chicago stuff,then im into 80s synth like new order depeche mode,pet shop boys,all them *** bands from 80s haha im straight by the way.

like abit of new romantic stuff,northern soul,and abit of the madchester scene stuff like stone roses and very early oasis stuff.

and abit of new york disco stuff aswell lol

i done a first clean last month, and turned up to do a clean yesterday and women comes out of the house, not this month, just said no problem will take you off the list and walked off, hate 8 weekers and hate it when they wait for you to get all the gear out bfore saying so,
dam rite there bro you did rite mate i only do 4 weeks i tell them this,no one offs no bi monthlys ect.

how can we make a wage by doing them ways jokers.

Never get a commercial client to sign a contract, it will never happen. As someone already pointed out towards the top of this thread, these are uncertain times. Business is business, you will lose some then gain some, that's just how it goes.

James.

Back