Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

There are some things a gutter vac can't do...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

JESUS! like the film jumanji. lol bet u charged a fair wack for that?

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Window Cleaning Forums

Did my friends gutter on his unit and it had a full sized tree in the end of the one.

Nuts how long people leave things.

Jaysus them gutter did well staying up on there own under that weight!

Was asked to do a facia and gutter clean on Tuesday done facia no probs wasnt that bad up to the gutter and about 10 leaves in them in total was the handiest job yet

And that's only half of them lol. And there were piles of other branches I just discarded elsewhere. The pictures don't do it justice to how big or bad it was. Some of the rootballs here are over 4ft long and ctually heavy lol, they were longer but I had to cut them down to get them out. The roots on those things were so compact its ridiculous.

Gutters were old metal ones with internal brackets every foot which the roots and tree trunks in some cases had binded around and consumed. But it was just the rigidity of the metal gutters that was the only thing keeping them up. Definately better and longer lasting than upvc guttering with plastic under brackets! I did actually have use my electric saw to get through some (most) of it all /emoticons/biggrin.png

No I didn't charge loads, not enough really, but do we ever? Lol. The poor old dear answered the door on a zimmer frame, I think she thought a thrupence haypney was still alot of money ;-) I told her upfront I would have to charge double as its so bad, really I should of charged triple but I had no idea how rooted in and tangled and hard work it would be removing it before I started on them! And I didn't realise the soil would be so hard and compacted I'd need to use a screwdriver to chisel away at it the whole way around! :eek:

Still the gutter job I did in the afternoon was relatively straight forward, all vac, no ladders, took around 1.5hrs :thumbsup: I think my vac has now at least paid for itself (not including my hours worked obviously) and more gutter jobs in the pipeline too :cool:

Did you get your chainsaw out bumpy?!

Didn't know you also offered tree felling :rofl:

Back