Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Led Lights In My Van

O

OoO

Decided to post a few pictures of LED lighting in the rear part of my van.

I have two strip lights on the roof and one on the right hand side of the van.

I purchased several lengths of LED strip light with the wires all ready connected.

I then purchased some wooden dowel to mount the strip lights too (the strip lights have sticky back plastic on them (lol blue peter)

I then pushed the dowel into a acyclic tube. To finish the lights off, i pushed a blue silicone cap onto each end.I then used black tape to finish the look.

They use around 4W each. Two are wired on a switch and the other one is wired to do a door switcch. They have been aimed downwards as i wear contacts and they hurt my eyes.

As for brightness, judge for yourself.

I would estimate the cost to be around the £25 mark in total for about 8 lights, I have only used 3 so far. You can use any LED strip lights you can find cheap.

The last photo, is my number plate with built in reversing camera :)

View attachment 926

View attachment 927

View attachment 928

View attachment 929

View attachment 930

View attachment 931

You have edited it from "why" "Do you clean windows in the dark?" and "Do you clean windows in the night"

All the vans come back to base when its dark, they then need filling, trolleys charging up, towels removing etc etc. So that's why.

We also do out of hours cleaning, which was the second reason for fitting them.

Damo how many vans u got on the road
More than 1, that's as far as I want to go. Not because I am big headed or anything like that. I spilled some info on another forum, my competitor got hold of the information and stole work and a worker. Once bitten, twice shy and all that. Sorry, hope you understand.

Good idea must put some light in back of mine its dark here at 3;30 in December , ive fitted a small spotlight to rear door of the wheelie bin van as i end up cleaning bins in morning and night in December an January

jeez man learn to read lol /emoticons/tongue.png those standard lights ( ones that are with the van ) are ****, i like the leds lol id do them all along the top of the roof, 12 inch sub in the back and pump some bass lol :lol:

Latest Posts

Back