Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner extreme pole users advice plesse

WCF

Help Support WCF:

paul1

Hi guys who on here uses a extreme pole are they worth the money and feel much lighter etc? Also do they really take more maintenance as I'm but heavy handed and like the slx toughness but needing to get lighter due to shoulder. Any advice tops on these poles or other appreciated

Cheers 

I was wandering the same thing the other day- love my gardiner slx but anything to make life easier.  Is it a pain only having limited clamping points on the sections ( I think that is how it works?) Or do you soon get used to it?

The latest version you can clamp anywhere the same as the SLX poles. In use they feel very much like the SLX but are more rigid when extended but at the same time not quite as sturdy. However, I have never been heavy handed.

I'm using an Xtreme 22 as my everyday pole and love it. I have it paired with an Xtreme brush as well which makes it even lighter. I get much less RSI than I used to and as long as I can afford it I will carry on using one.

Maitenance wise I'm not particularly fussy. I wipe it down a couple of times a day and carry a small microfibre cloth that I use to wipe the hose down should it become noticably gritty. I've taken it apart maybe 4 or 5 times in the eleven months that I've had it. It feels every bit as good as when I bought it.

I also shut windows with it, however, I don't push down heavy on the pole to do it. I push forward (in line with the pole) and if that doesn't work I use the angle adapter on the goosenect to turn the brush over and clean it where it is.

Pretty much the same as marko067 but I use a extreme 18 as my everyday pole got to say I also have a six 18 for conny and so fit work and you can diffintly notice the difference. 

I also use an extream 18 as everyday poke and have slx 18 as well there is a difference using it all day but I wouldn’t say it’s huge until you use it at shallow angles over conservatory’s or flower beds etc they are definitely more delicate I’ve broken the top section on mine twise never broken a six , are they worth the money I would say it’s up to each person to make up there mind they Are a nice pole though 

we loved ours and still have a mk1 47 out everyday that thing must be over 7 years old now , and as never been cleaned or took apart , it as seen better days but still going strong 

as daily poles there find just dont shut windows with them and you should get a year out of them if heavy handed like me 

Back