Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Conny advice

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Clisty1989

All my wfp gear turned up today, plus got a conny roof booked in on weds next week. It's probably been asked a few times but would ubik be OK on a poly roof? Also what's the best way to tackle it. This is the first proper one I've done, all the others have been long panes of glass and I've done them with tools on the end of a trad pole.

Ubik/Virosol will be fine to use on a Polycarb roof. Dilute it to something like 10:1, spray it on the easiest to reach part of the finial/crest first. Then set your pole up etc while it does its stuff. Hook up to custy's tap if you have the fittings etc. step ladders are frowned on by some, but I use them for most conny roofs as you can get to the harder to reach side easier.

Scrub and rinse the finial clean and then start on the other side. Scrub and rinse (no need to go overboard with the rinse) as there will be more dirt to rinse off later. Spray about 3 panels, light up a smoke, scrub and rinse (no need to go overboard with the rinse). Go over the end bars and caps (get them clean). Go over the gutters (the muck off the gutter splashes back onto the roof). Rinse from top to bottom starting on the side that's easiest to reach. Use magic sponge on any tiger stripes on the gutter. Go over the frames and side glass and then stand back and admire your work :thumbsup:

Ubik/Virosol will be fine to use on a Polycarb roof. Dilute it to something like 10:1, spray it on the easiest to reach part of the finial/crest first. Then set your pole up etc while it does its stuff. Hook up to custy's tap if you have the fittings etc. step ladders are frowned on by some, but I use them for most conny roofs as you can get to the harder to reach side easier.
Scrub and rinse the finial clean and then start on the other side. Scrub and rinse (no need to go overboard with the rinse) as there will be more dirt to rinse off later. Spray about 3 panels, light up a smoke, scrub and rinse (no need to go overboard with the rinse). Go over the end bars and caps (get them clean). Go over the gutters (the muck off the gutter splashes back onto the roof). Rinse from top to bottom starting on the side that's easiest to reach. Use magic sponge on any tiger stripes on the gutter. Go over the frames and side glass and then stand back and admire your work :thumbsup:
Thanks, don't wanna screw this up as there are loads of connys on this road and people talk...

Hope it leads to more business

Conny roofs are a good earner and the best part is that you do see a major difference in result before and after.

@Tuffers has pretty much summed it up.

All I do differently is I wet the area prior to applying my Ubik. I personally find the Ubik works more effectivley when applied to a wet surface.

I am currently charging £10 per panel (regardless of size) external and £25 per panel internal & external plus a £20 on top to cover fuel etc and I am gettin 9 out of 10 I quote. So a 10 panel roof external only is £120 including the internals it is £270.

This is still £750 less than Thomas Sanderson charges.

Please show us some before and afters of your first one. Good luck.

What's a magic sponge?

Back