Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Facia Cleaning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jez86

How much do you guys charge for a Facia clean? I know it depends on house size and how dirty they are but I've got a fairly large bungalow to do, probably take around 2 hours, maybe a bit longer, was thinking of charging £60-70. Is that too much or? I did a small bungalow when I first started last year and only charged £20 as i didnt know what to charge but regretted it a bit when her neighbour said she wanted hers doing too lol. Thanks

If you say £65 and she says ooh, that's too much, then say well lets look specifically at what you want doing - find something insignificant to knock off the work order and readjust the price. "Oh, so you don't want the inside of the gutters cleaned, just emptied out, ok well in that case it'll be £45" etc...

Repeat until the customer accepts a price, or you decide it's not worth enough money to do the job.

what area of the country are you in and how much do you like to earn an hour, im outside london, near heathrow and look for 25-30PH so would be looking for around £50-£60

I'm in north Yorkshire, try to aim around £20 an hour window cleaning, but would be nice to maybe earn 30 for a couple of hours, just wondered if that was a high price to pay..

I guess you are cleaning the fascia by hand not wfp other wise a bungalow even a very large bungalow will not take that long just to clean fascia

Just remember if it sounds cheep sometimes you put them off.

When I started like most I charged to get the job and then found out afterwards that I'd been to cheep. One client said "You need to put your prices up, you were half the price of the nearest competitor!"

Lessoned learned you can go down and see the reaction, remember you are in it to make a living as well.

Good luck Jez86

Sounds about right even for a house.

My mistake was charging £30 when I first started, what a nightmare, did it by hand, and it was a hot day too!

Yeah I'm doing it by hand as I'm traditional ... I think I'll just go with 60 or 70. He has a pond in his back garden too just where I need to out ladder up bout 15ft so will be a pain in the ass too lol

If you want £30ph then charge it. I always feel I've done fascias/gutters too cheaply especially when I read how SE people price it.

Yesterday I quoted a job for £120 to do Friday afternoon and that's fascias front and rear, conservatory roof and conservatory windows. She almost bit my hand off but I don't think it'll take more than a couple of hours, 3 hours max.

i do the fascias for a house building company.

priced it a bit too cheaply as i didnt realise the roughcaster would be so sloppy - id rather have £15 per hour doing that than £0.00 by asking to increase it. if you can afford to lose the job - then price it at the rate you want, if you want to get a foot in the door - market it as a favour to that customer - but make sure they dont tell all their friends it was at a reduced price. Dont cheapen your service just to keep busy as its hard to then increase the price.

Maybe best to get yourself a chepo harris pole and convert it to a wfp then can connect it to an outside tap. Also then you will be able to wash down most two storey properties too.

Plastic angel adapters are better for a harris pole conversion as you can adjust the angle of the brush. Then stick on it something like a gardiner dt or sill brush. Add some chepo wfp hose and hozelock conector on the end.

If you are not into diy then maybe get yourself a gardiner chepo clx instead with a hozelock connector and your choice of brush. Then some tfr, virol-sol or ubik etc whatever you would like to use and away you go.

Hope this helps?

Maybe best to get yourself a chepo harris pole and convert it to a wfp then can connect it to an outside tap. Also then you will be able to wash down most two storey properties too.
Plastic angel adapters are better for a harris pole conversion as you can adjust the angle of the brush. Then stick on it something like a gardiner dt or sill brush. Add some chepo wfp hose and hozelock conector on the end.

If you are not into diy then maybe get yourself a gardiner chepo clx instead with a hozelock connector and your choice of brush. Then some tfr, virol-sol or ubik etc whatever you would like to use and away you go.

Hope this helps?
I like this idea, do you recon you could put one of them bottle type thing on that you fill with cleaning fluid and it mixes with the water?

Not sure if you know what I mean but I can't remember what thy are called.

You could depending if you want to use a week mix or not. I not tried one myself but I'm sure someone else on here has.already to see if they are anygood or not.

You can even rig up a chepo portable gas water heater if you want to use hot water as some fascias & cladding you will find do come up better more quickly using hot water aswell /emoticons/wink.png

Example pic of baked on grime on a fascia washed down by just using hot wfp.

View attachment 1859

After

View attachment 1860

Hi Steve,

That was a customer’s house and the water heater I got a few years ago as everyone was raving about how much better hot water cleans. To be honest I never did fit it to the inside of my van because I wanted to use it for hot tap water on bad jobs that did not need pure.

The L5 is not a great heater as has venting issues (no flue) in confined spaces like inside a van without having the doors open.

When I wanted to use hot pure from the van I just hung it on the back door. Not ideal as was not permanently fixed inside the van so had to mess about with setting it up every time I wanted to use it. Also used to hang it on a pure freedom trolley too. Again not ideal a setup time was a pain to use it.

Anway just a few ideas how you could use a hot water heater if you wanted too.

Hope this helps?

I had customer want to pay more. I asked £80 1 1/2 hours tops. She paid £100. I aim for £40 per hour when quoting then I found this to be a good starting point and generally works well in my area.

Hi Hotwash,

Due you tend to use just hot pure or do you use any chems awell on really bad jobs?

I had customer want to pay more. I asked £80 1 1/2 hours tops. She paid £100. I aim for £40 per hour when quoting then I found this to be a good starting point and generally works well in my area.

I find the hot pure water is all I really need. I do carry chemicals and solvents but generally use them to clean inside windows, or if some one has really bad frames. There is a massive difference between hot and cold water alone. Hot just melts the dirt away. I put Ubik 2000 on brush for solar panels don't know why I do it but seems to be a good. Love the hot system.

Back