Just the top Windows cleaned please?!

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Williams Jet Wash, Jun 4, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Williams Jet Wash

Williams Jet Wash Williams jet wash Services

hi all, doing gutter clean tomorrow new customer will want a price for just top Windows and he wants adding on my4 week round, I tried convincing him over phone that he may as well just go the whole hog, but he get waffling on about how he can still manage bottoms. My question is really my 4week clean price should be 10 quid whole house do I say just fiver? For tops only?!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

I would just say you have to clean the lot or not bother
    This used to happen years ago but I not heard anyone request this for a long time - tight ****

3. TolishAPurd

Just price it as if you were doing the whole thing, any less and it's not even worth turning up. Half the windows definitely does not mean half the price- your fuel, time, tools out, etc. I don't know any customer that will do the windows monthly, so I wouldn't want his shoddy work/lack of making me look bad.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Spartan

Spartan Well-Known Member

I have a few customers that are tops only as a lot of my work is large Victorian houses and some of them are split into flats.
    I do have loads in the road so no travel or fuel costs.

I charge 80% of what the whole house would be as its the tops that require all the hard work - ladder positioning, climbs etc (unsure if you trad or WFP)

Let's be honest - if you say to the guy it's £8 or for £2 more I'm willing to clean everything I can't see him turning it down -
    Unless he's an absolute tight wad!!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

5. Jango

Jango Member

This happened years ago, and I have noticed it's creeping back in, I just say I'm really sorry, I don't do just upstairs. The reason being the tops will be spotless, downstairs could be dirty or cleaned rubbish, and when people see them that way it's the usual thing, from people, I thought you had a window cleaner! And they never let on the only have upstairs cleaned, then it makes you look bad, so it's a no from me

6. Green Pro Clean Ltd

MINIMUM PRICING!

That's no problem sir, happy to do it. It still falls under our minimum price of £12 weather we do the bottoms or not so up to you sir.

If he still wants bottoms only and is paying full whack who cares?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Markyboy 50

I had a regular £20 customer. Done it for ages then she asked if I could do just the tops for half the money. I said u do the tops and I will do the bottoms if u think there's no more work in doing the tops. We finally agreed that I will do the tops for £15

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. Spartan

Spartan Well-Known Member

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

9. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

He's taking up a space in your week - that a proper customer could have

10. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

wouldnt bother as if someone sees u doing tops and thinks oh i get him then walks past at later date and bottoms stinking they say wont bother he no good

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
Advertisement