Just typical

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Smurf, Jan 3, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Smurf

Smurf Banned

That's just typical as my first day back and it's raining. Oh well the good news is I suppose the gutters will not be frozen inside :confused:

Advertisement
  2. Pickingpaul

Pickingpaul Forum Addict

Rainig hard in bir ingham too, good thing i havnt had anydays off other than new yesr eve and new yesrs day, i even managed xmas week to get it all done. Do u still do the gutters in the rain smurf? Ive never really liked the idea of gutters, but im starting to think its worth pursuing, what sort of additional equipment do u use smurf?

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

It's not raining hard but just drizzle at the mo so I can put up with that.

Fist gutter clearing job will be mostly by guttervac due to awkward ladder access down the side of a 4 bed detached property. Second job is on a large bungalow with at least one blocked downspout that I will have to dismantle as the old chap has forced the blockage down to the scecond bend in the downpipe. Bless him:rolleyes:

I've invested in quite a bit on kit that makes my job easier and safer to do especially in wet weather.

4. shazzy692002

Im still in the gutter from new years eve!!! hee hee

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I better make the effort I suppose and go and do a bit now or I will be sleeping in the gutter tonight if my wife finds out I've been skiving off work on my first day back. :D

6. rshandyman

rshandyman Forum Addict

Proper gear cost few pounds but if you price gutters right it should not be long before you get your money back

7. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Also you can't really put a price on knowing you will be going home to the family after work and not a&e or the morgue

8. rshandyman

rshandyman Forum Addict

And from my experience so far many custys are impressed with the tools I have and how professional they are and as a result I get the jobs which I quote.

9. rshandyman

rshandyman Forum Addict

So you can say that they are marketing tools as wello

10. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I know Smurf will agree with me on this
    I reckon I have got more gutter work by using the ankalad and microlite as people see someone professional looking doing their neighbours gutters etc rather than some chancer with a ladder
    Use the right tools for the job

Advertisement