k rend?

Discussion in 'Pressure Washing' started by scotty_boy, May 23, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. scotty_boy

scotty_boy Active Member

been asked to powerwash a house thats k rendered had a look today and it covered in red and black streaks all over and is worse when its wet had a go with the washer today on a area and it looks really good but alot of tiny white specks were all over the floor after. just wondered if this is ok and/or is there a better way cheers.

Advertisement
  2. M-CLEAN UK LTD

What machine are you using. Is the set up with a turbo nozzle or flat nozzle?

Rob

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Whats the best method to use pressure wash or soft wash using a hypo mix?

4. M-CLEAN UK LTD

For me, for you or for the OP.

For me I don't use hypo - don't need to use it and it would have to be a pretty exceptional set of circumstances if I did use it.

For you - I can't answer that as I don't know your experience, set up etc

For the OP - waiting on the reply.

There is no definitive answer

Rob

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I've never had a go at cleaning k render myself so was just asking what would be the best setup & method to use.

6. M-CLEAN UK LTD

There are those that swear by Hypo - I don't. 99% of the time my machines will clean the surface and it isn't something I have got into the habit of using.

I don't see any wrong in using it but I have tried my best to not use chemicals over the last 12 years.

K rend is pretty straight forward.

Rob

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Thanks Rob, myself I also try to stay away from using hypo too.
    May I ask what machine you use for k render?

8. scotty_boy

scotty_boy Active Member

i have a honda delta with a turbo nozzle looks like its going to do a good job just wanted to check if there is a better way. whats a soft wash? and hypo?

9. M-CLEAN UK LTD

I have a Hot & Mighty & a Thor. I would use either, with some adjustment on the flow and nozzle sizes.

Scotty - put a flat nozzle on the lance and it will not be as aggressive. Start off away from the render and come closer until you get to the point where you are taking the crud off and not stripping the surface.

Hypo is industrial bleach - soft wash is spraying hypo on and rinsing it down. Either way it works.

I just prefer my way

Rob

10. mr shine

mr shine Guru

i done my first k rend house clean a few months ago using hypo , it was very straightforward and the customer was very impressed , id prefer to be using a hot washer set up as i reckon it would be much faster but i couldnt justify the big outlay as i wouldnt have the volume of work at the moment . i seen the hot and mighty systems that the yanks use on youtube and they look brilliant ,do these come up for sale second hand at an affordable price rob

Advertisement