Karcher Problems

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by chilt69, May 14, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. chilt69

chilt69 Active Member

Got a small karcher I use for easy jobs, but today has been causing me problems.

Was working fine, then pressure started to drop - maybe to around 50% - and the machine started marking a loud "chattering" noise, and was vibrating quite badly.

Anyone got any ideas? Checked inlet filter, kinks in hose etc but nothing obvious. Plus, didn't notice any leaks.

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

When you say small karcher what type is it?

Also got any links?

3. Donny

Donny Well-Known Member

Check the pump for oil, if its milky , the seals have gone, could be a piston has cracked or a valve or valves are needing cleaned or replaced, Sounds like pump is on way out and needin an overhaul.
    A\s you have already checked the filters etc it can only be the pump , sorry fella

4. chilt69

chilt69 Active Member

Its a Karcher 520M - not a new one & its certainly seen some work.

Thought it was probably the pump, oh well I'll strip it down & have a look, if it is probably easier/cheaper to get a new one.

Advertisement