Keeping All My Equipment In The Boot Stored Properly, How To Do It?

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by buzzing, Dec 2, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. buzzing

buzzing Active Member

I have just started out so am doing bungalows and cleaning traditionally. I have my bucket, squeegee x2 , extension pole (which just fits in boot), scrim, 2 litres of water, t-towel for sills and ecover washing up liquid. Pretty ,much all I need to clean bungalows, it doesn't take up much room so put it in another plastic box next to the one with my carpentry tools in, which I use for a course I am doing. But should I dry my bucket out and everything else before putting it back in the boot?

Also, how do most people store their equipment if they have it in a boot like I do?

Advertisement
  2. A.K WINDOWS

i just chuck it all in a big box lol,bit of advise mate id take more than 2L of water ;)

3. Doo

Doo Well-Known Member

I have not long started, I have a big sports direct bag for life that sits behind the driver seat of my astra in this I put my bucket, when the day is done I empty my bucket and put it back in the bag for life and fling my t bar. And wet scrims in and lift the lot out in the big bag and store it in my garden hut

4. CNS-southwest

CNS-southwest Grand Master

Hi mate,

Firstly buy a big Jerry can type water bottle thing with at least 10L capacity.

I would do to a cheap shop and see if you can get a plastic box thing with handle in the middle and sections in it, these are ideal.

I would dry the bucket at the end of the day, leave water In it between cleans and wedge it behind the seat with towel under in case of spillages :)

What car do you have?

Also remember your car insurance won't cover the stuff in the car. Trust me its my job :) an I also just had my car broken into last week.

5. Vince Green

Vince Green Active Member

You need to be just a bit careful about the car insurance aspect Your car is probably not insured for business use so I would get the stuff out of your car when you are not using it. And be careful when you are. By using it for window cleaning you are probably invalidating your insurance.

6. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

10 litres ????

You don't need 10 ltrs 5 at the most that's all I Carr and that does me all day I can get a full day from. 5litres easy .

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

you can always get a window cleaners oblong bucket with snap-on lid

8. CNS-southwest

CNS-southwest Grand Master

I'd say more than 5 from my experimenting....depends on how many first cleans though lol

9. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

I manage fine with 5 litres tbh , when you first start all the houses will be first cleans but on the next month you will be fine .

10. John B

John B Active Member

I have a 1999 Fiesta van (hatchback shape). I keep my cloths and applicator mops etc (I am trad) in plastic crates. I have a 25 litre barrel of water and poles, and an oblong bucket covered by an old bath towel to avoid spillages.

John

Advertisement