Keeping those pinkies warm

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Gasket, Oct 26, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Gasket

Gasket Newcomer

Guys,

With winter fast approaching the freezing hands will soon be here to!!. Ive never really been a fan of gloves but this year im thinking of getting a decent pair, was wondering if you had any recomendations, seen some unger pairs and sealskinz, although they seem a bit pricey

Cheers

Advertisement
  2. rjacandwc

rjacandwc Well-Known Member

I'm Trad... Using Unger Neoprene Gloves keeps your hands lovely a warm. But. I always seem to take them off. But. I'm from that generation who never used protection lol. I managed to get a pair of fingerless Neoprene from Aldi for s fiver the other day. They are in Aldi labelled up as fishing gloves. I used fingerless when I first started Window Cleaning. But. once they got wet game over. Neoprene are great. As long as I keep my fingers as dry as possible. All good. Try a carry the ladder without touching it with the tips of my fingers etc. Your hands will Doon warm up when all them generously great customers tip you at Christmas lol

3. Green Pro Clean Ltd

I gave the same advice on another thread.

Leave a bucket of water outside, in the morning, if it is frozen over, brake up the ice and plunge your hands in for as long as you can stand. (even if not frozen over take the plunge anyhow)

Once you remove them the blood will race to your hands to warm them and you will have toasty hands all day.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  4. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

Someone on here mentioned youngstown working gloves , I'm thinking off a pair myself , they link they put up I emailed the company for a size guide and got no reply

5. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

[​IMG]snake skin fingerless idel for trad:D

6. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

[​IMG]@Tuffers swears buy these for wfp

7. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I think he prefers leather
    latest.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Posh

Posh Hero

I can't wear gloves trading.
    I'm hoping now I've mastered the liquadator & the unger s+ & cut my detailing right down I can wear some. My worse thing is the ladder for the first hour. It's freezing.

9. rjacandwc

rjacandwc Well-Known Member

What about fingerless gloves?

10. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Cheeky gets!!! I only just read this thread as 1) there was naff all to read and 2) only poofs wear gloves :p

I'll tell you what worked for me last year; a pair of wool fingerless gloves. I'm wearing those latex gloves ATM because I find my hands get really :turd:y this time of year. Having a few teething problems as they keep getting caught in the pole section and twanging :D

Advertisement