Keeping warm

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Shiny, Feb 8, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Shiny

Shiny Guest

Afternoon all, can anybody recommend a quality pair of gloves to use with wfp

Advertisement
  2. James

James Guru

Easily 'Sealskinz'.

I can leave my hand in a bucket of water wearing them and not feel a thing. Excellent gloves.

James.

3. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

I've tried heaps of gloves, not sealskinz though, and while some have been ok for most of a cold day, i havent found any that will keep my hands warm during the 1st hour or so of working. I plan to buy a pair of joka polar, which, while much too bulky for trad, should be ok for wfp.

4. Lee

Lee Guest

I've been wearing my snow boarding gloves. Great for wfp, little bulky for trad but better than cold, numb fingers. Think I paid £15 from outdoor shop couple years ago[hr]

5. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

I wouldnt be without my sealskinz gloves. As well as keeping your hands warm and dry, they fit quite tightly which is great for trad work.

6. James

James Guru

A good selection of Sealskinz on Amazon. Quite cheap as well. Also try Ebay

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=sealskinz+gloves+waterproof&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=6961690566&ref=pd_sl_5zrxscaida_b

James.

7. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

Joka Polar gloves. Brilliant. Only for pole work tho, too big for trad work.

8. Matty H

Matty H Forum Addict

Each to their own but I think sealskins are rubbish - they fall apart. I only use them as a liner glove inside a pair of Joka Polars which are by far the best gloves IMO. also bought a pair of ski gloves from TK MAXX in sale reduced from £30 to £8. They are also pretty good.

9. James

James Guru

I haven't heard very good things about Joke Polars but you guys love them? Can any of you get a link here of your pair?

James.

10. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Joka-Polar-Narrowboat-Canal-glove-fleece-liner-40deg-/170764369824?pt=Men_s_Accessories_UK&var=&hash=item6d71ec9d6d#ht_2430wt_905

They have a removable thermal lining which you can take out to clean. They are chunky, but a life saver on very cold mornings. Warmest I've ever used.

Advertisement