Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

dionized water

WCF

Help Support WCF:

That is how most wfp guys do conservatory roofs using purified water made from a ro/di or di only system depending how hard the water is. I would not want to go out and buy bottled dionised water though as would cost a fortune the amount that you would need to use.

If you work in an area with very soft water (low ppm tap water) then you could just buy a bag a resin and say an 11 litre DI vessel and make pure onsite on demand using the customer outside tap if they have one. Needless to say you would also need to get yourself a wfp or diy one instead.

If my customers don't have an outside tap and quite a few don't I've been known to use 400 litres of water before on just one conservatory roof.

That is how most wfp guys do conservatory roofs using purified water made from a ro/di or di only system depending how hard the water is. I would not want to go out and buy bottled dionised water though as would cost a fortune the amount that you would need to use.
If you work in an area with very soft water (low ppm tap water) then you could just buy a bag a resin and say an 11 litre DI vessel and make pure onsite on demand using the customer outside tap if they have one. Needless to say you would also need to get yourself a wfp or diy one instead.

If my customers don't have an outside tap and quite a few don't I've been known to use 400 litres of water before on just one conservatory roof.
I was considering just rinsing it with it but I do think it would probably cost too much

Another option is to harvest rainwater and produce pure water that way. But still you would need a di tank, resin, filters diy wfp trolley etc then lug water containers about.

It all starts to get complicated and expensive going down the wfp route but still can be do an a very tight budjet if you diy kit together youself.

There are plenty of posts on the forum to have a read through especially how to make a cheap diy trolley etc.

Latest Posts

Back