Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Using a trigger or tap?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I like my method; pu hose so I can kink it to shut the flow and a tap when I need to use 2 hands. My tap is where the pole hose joins the hose on the reel. I usually kink the hose when I've done upper windows and bring the pole down while kinking. When the pole is collapsed, I'll then turn the tap off with kinked hose still in my hand.

I have a remote control on my pump, it works a long way from van and through houses (most of the time depending on interference), but mine only cost £8 cos it's not that fancy thing.

But in the last few months I put a trigger on the pole (since being on a water meter ever drop wasted is lost money), it saves alot of water, so much so i put a smaller tank in the van, less weight less diesel used, more saving.

I used the trigger off a "pump and spray" water bottle thingy I had lying around in the garage, the hose loop it creates is very annoying but like everything u get used to it and I just pick it up when moving to avoid it snagging on things.

No it works through walls, I'm always fine round the back of houses and commercial buildings up to 100m

Very rarely do I have to walk a bit to get it to work, it honestly works really well,

Saves so much water, no back pressure, battery lasts much longer, pump is never under stress,

It will work through nearly all houses, and commercial buildings, and if it's doesn't work you just hold it up in the air and it nearly always works, I couldn't be without it now

so basically you can use it instead of a trigger or tap while you are working would you say?
Yes, that's exactly what it's for, I wear a lanyard round my neck with the button and click on/off between windows, and it's also great when a customer comes out for a chat, you can just press the button and off everything goes while you chat away. Saves battery, pump and water all in one click!

Back