Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

good discovery through being thick

simon

both my poles are old so when needed i have slowly upgraded to smart clamps, now 2 of my clamps are slipping so wednesday i ordered a no 5 clamp & for no real reason a lever set instead of a no 4 clamp, realising what i'd done i rang gardiners & asked if the new lever would fit an old clamp YES

so if you have old clamps to turn them into smart clamps you only need to buy the lever set not the whole clamp, a big saving !!!

now got 2 smart clamps & a spare no 5 body

sorry about this mr g.

both my poles are old so when needed i have slowly upgraded to smart clamps, now 2 of my clamps are slipping so wednesday i ordered a no 5 clamp & for no real reason a lever set instead of a no 4 clamp, realising what i'd done i rang gardiners & asked if the new lever would fit an old clamp YESso if you have old clamps to turn them into smart clamps you only need to buy the lever set not the whole clamp, a big saving !!!

now got 2 smart clamps & a spare no 5 body

sorry about this mr g.
Whilst the Smart Clamp Lever sets do work with the older clamp bodies they do not fully work as a smart clamp. They will partially work as a 'smart clamp', but only for a small amount of adjustment, this is due to the lack of depth adjustment in the older clamp body. To get the full effect a new body will at some time need fitting.

Latest Posts

Back