Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Walking off the Job

WCF

Help Support WCF:

U

unit

Just had an interesting phone call from a lady wanting half her driveway cleaned.

Going to look at it in the morning.

She told me that these guys had nocked on the door and offered her the clean, she excepts the quote, only for them to turn up do half then leave.

She phoned them but was told its nothing to do with there company :hey:.

So she is in a pickle and rings me.

Has any one on here had dealings of this nature before?

I asked her if this company is definitely not still involved as I don't want to tread on any ones toes.

Just seems fishy o me.

Hope I can match there cleaning /emoticons/biggrin.png

Seems a bit odd mate, did she pay them upfront? If so that would explain them perhaps doing a runner if they were morons.

she must have paid the money up front & guess what!!they have took the money and run.sad state of affairs when you carnt trust anyone,

I dint ask but I bet she did pay up front /emoticons/sad.png sounded very posh and very pleasant.

But yes I'm thinking she may be a pain in the back side.

I Know of builders walking off the job, But not a drive way clean.

I even asked her if there was some thing on the drive that they could not shift, such as paint but no just a normal block drive.

feel bad pricing it if she has already paid out.

some one has to do it I guess.

I dint ask but I bet she did pay up front /emoticons/sad.png sounded very posh and very pleasant.But yes I'm thinking she may be a pain in the back side.

I Know of builders walking off the job, But not a drive way clean.

I even asked her if there was some thing on the drive that they could not shift, such as paint but no just a normal block drive.

feel bad pricing it if she has already paid out.

some one has to do it I guess.
I made a thread here a while ago about a job i nearly walked off. I drew a big z on the patio just before getting her husband on the phone. Was so close to wqlking from that as she was playing games. Trust your instincts mate.

Sorry for butting in would u or anyone u know how to connect 400gpd system it driving me nuts
Might be best to start your own thread [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Tolish what happened ?

sorry had image in my mined of Zorro :laugh:

I have not been doing this long, but have had one customer while doing fascia/soffit/conserve clean and wow she was a right one, she had the builders and the Decorators in and they hated her.

she then wanted me to be a reg on her windows,after 5 mins of her knocking me down on price I told her to find some one ells.

wouldnt go if it was me. therell be a good reason why they left erly ,it wont be because they got the money and ran

maybe im cynical but iv been diddled no end of times myself learnt the hard way you never go to a job if alarm bell sounds

Tolish what happened ?sorry had image in my mined of Zorro :laugh:

I have not been doing this long, but have had one customer while doing fascia/soffit/conserve clean and wow she was a right one, she had the builders and the Decorators in and they hated her.

she then wanted me to be a reg on her windows,after 5 mins of her knocking me down on price I told her to find some one ells.
Another haggler comes unstuck...

Heres the thread mate.

Bloody hell Tolish, you got your money and the job done.

think we need a rouge clients on the telly haha.

I here what your saying boar city, trust your gut.

Will take a look as I'm inquisitive,not sure I'm going to do it.

dout I can get money up front,never asked lol

Back