Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice please guys.....

I am just starting out and set up my own business. I would like to invest in a new van a 750l full RO system two operators . The companies I am looking at are WCW which offers facelift, Xline and pure2o. My preferred unit at the moment is pure 20 but just wanted to get thoughts or opinions on this from experienced window cleaners. Thanks in advance

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

Av a look at there prices then go on eBay and find

750 tank. ( this can be fitted professionally using a car body repair shop )

4040 RO and filters

2 x 11ltr di bottles

2 x pumps and controllers ( I don't bother with controllers just a switch )

Few metres of hose for each set up

2 x hose reels with hose

Maybe Battery and a bit of wiring ( I run off van battery )

That's pretty much it

X line customer service utter rubbish bought a brush from them had it 4 hours working brush head foooked emailed them with PIC of brush head they replied back week later saying looks like its been in a hedge trimmer and have never seen this before on our brushes (well it is picture to prove) let me know how you get on with it.

No offer of a replacement I sent a message back guess what no reply and trying to get answer on phone beyond a joke.

I just threw brush away and will never use them again and got Gardiner instead

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

For me personally I rate and recommend GrippaTank.

These tanks handle very well in the back of the van are purpose built,fully baffled,securely fitted and crash tested.

Grippa are also backed by Gardiners and operate the same level of customer service which is excellent.

Agree with @Matty about the system

EXCEPT you don't bother with controller !! Why not ? Get one off Darren Ansboro on FB mate - mint

( plus uni valve )

I only do commercial work and find that running the pump at full speed giving me as much water on the glass as possible, I did start out with controllers but as time went by just got rid.

Am doing a job at the minute were am running 2 pumps into 1 hose, water then travels through 150m of normal hose going up the building, along the roof and then into 100m of 8mm hose, am about 70 ft from ground level, but the water pressure is still good enough to shift the green algae and moss.

To save messing about spraying the surface up with chemicals, I have disconnected my di bottles ( and put a y piece off 2 hose ends ) and run it direct to hose, am then adding chemical to my tank so it's now coming out the brush head onto surface as I clean

Tank will just get a good rinse and pressure washed before getting back on normal windows

i would live to make this kind of unit for people but couldn't face the costs of setup..lol

so far i have a 250l tank and a sureflo with filter and currently fabricating a trailer that could carry a large ibc container if it had to!

good luck on setting up your own business!

Thought you said you didn't use controllers noddy?
I don't but my other three vans do as were getting ready for our stock of aq dapters too run out then we wont be able to turn water down at the head like we do now when needed

Back