Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Jobs, High Rise, Stuck In Dead End Job!

M

mbgeezle

Hi. I've worked in the cleaning sector since I left school. First car cleaning, then window cleaning and currently a P.A (public areas) cleaner in a hotel. I'm looking to get back into window cleaning as I really enjoyed it. I was thinking of looking into high rise (abseiling) cleaning. I have experience of cleaning 3 story buildings on ladders with a squeegee etc. I'm based in Nottingham. Im prepared to move away if needs be and really start to earn some better money and get job satisfaction! 6.35 an hour, 8hrs a day just isn't cutting it and I've been doing this pa job for 5 years and its becoming monotonous! Is there any courses you can take to get into this side of window cleaning? Any info would be great! Regards, Joe.

I don't think anyone on here does high rise abseiling work so best bet is to google training courses available if that is the route you want to take.

apparently theres a lot of training you need to do and have so many hours abseiling experience I was speaking to someone a few years ago about this and he said its easier to teach an abseiler to clean windows than to teach a window cleaner to abseil

Thanks for the replies. I can't drive so starting up my own round on my wage is pretty much impossible. Plus insurance, tax, mot, the price of a car etc. I'll just have to do some research! Thanks again!

Hi. I've worked in the cleaning sector since I left school. First car cleaning, then window cleaning and currently a P.A (public areas) cleaner in a hotel. I'm looking to get back into window cleaning as I really enjoyed it. I was thinking of looking into high rise (abseiling) cleaning. I have experience of cleaning 3 story buildings on ladders with a squeegee etc. I'm based in Nottingham. Im prepared to move away if needs be and really start to earn some better money and get job satisfaction! 6.35 an hour, 8hrs a day just isn't cutting it and I've been doing this pa job for 5 years and its becoming monotonous! Is there any courses you can take to get into this side of window cleaning? Any info would be great! Regards, Joe.
Mark Wright in Sheffield does IRATA, 795quid inc vat for the week.. Good course and get to abseil 30m water tower on the last day..training is done at 10m....

The initial level 1 course will make you employable, you do need to get a lot of hours in to get to level 2 then 3 but with your driving scenario then level 1 will help you get a job paye. Most companies that are rope access tend to work mainly in cities so the bigger the city the more potential. Similar price to getting a driving licence though!

Latest Posts

Back