Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

applicator sleeves -a really good one

WCF

Help Support WCF:

B

boarcity

just thought id share , the SYR tiger sleeve [blue and white ]is a cracking sleeve . i almost overlooked it too

When i first started out 6 yrs ago i bought a few different sleeves of different makes not knowing which was good or not. First impressions of the Syr was it was no good as it didnt scrub well and didnt hold much water either so after using it briefly i washed it in the machine and left it to one side. Months later came back to it and suddenly found it was scrubbin well. Long and short of is the fibres its made of are very like scrim fibre, you need to break it in first before it works well .Then it has a coarseness to it that makes it a fantastic scrubbing sleeve for everyday use. i now have about at least a dozen of these sleeves for my crew .

hi thanks for that ....the trouble is when buying stuff how do you know what is good and isnt.? loose fitting sleeves after a bit of use is a pain too.....i have just got a porcupine after recommendations on here...yet to try it as i dont want to get it dirty...:rofl:

Cheers boarcity. I am looking to get some new sleeves and had planned to buy the porcupine after it was recommended on here, but might give the tiger sleeve a try.

As a matter of interest, how often does everyone change their sleeves?. I have been using the same ones for 3 years.....probably not good.

hi thanks for that ....the trouble is when buying stuff how do you know what is good and isnt.? loose fitting sleeves after a bit of use is a pain too.....i have just got a porcupine after recommendations on here...yet to try it as i dont want to get it dirty...:rofl:
Its time to get that porcupine dirty cnc!

Its time to get that porcupine dirty cnc!
yeh i think that will be tomorrow....i am not looking forward to the mad cat woman but she keeps phoning me....she said she will be out tomorrow to buy....cat food....so i am going then....not been done for a while as i keep doing a runner....also i have an inside and he smokes an awful lot ....i get all the crappy jobs no one wants...:gush:

yeh i think that will be tomorrow....i am not looking forward to the mad cat woman but she keeps phoning me....she said she will be out tomorrow to buy....cat food....so i am going then....not been done for a while as i keep doing a runner....also i have an inside and he smokes an awful lot ....i get all the crappy jobs no one wants...:gush:
That catwomans house must be stinky

That catwomans house must be stinky
yeh only been in once to help her move stuff to the garage....hmmm lovely fragrance...i think the cats rule the house they were everywhere...the trouble is to clean it i have to go through the hens run....and then the conny is all fenced off so the cats have an orchard to roam outside in...all netted off...all the leaded on the front have thick net curtains up so i cant see what i am doing ....oh i may be doing another runner....meow...:turd: 13 cats...

yeh only been in once to help her move stuff to the garage....hmmm lovely fragrance...i think the cats rule the house they were everywhere...the trouble is to clean it i have to go through the hens run....and then the conny is all fenced off so the cats have an orchard to roam outside in...all netted off...all the leaded on the front have thick net curtains up so i cant see what i am doing ....oh i may be doing another runner....meow...:turd: 13 cats...
The things we do hey cnc. Cats are good at hiding their **** but my boots always seem to find it.

I suppose I should change mine soon considering its the only one I've ever owned. :oops:

Its an unger ninja and it still seems like the day it was bought, but I bet I would notice the difference if I bought a new one. I'm open to trying some different ones though.

I suppose I should change mine soon considering its the only one I've ever owned. :oops:
Its an unger ninja and it still seems like the day it was bought, but I bet I would notice the difference if I bought a new one. I'm open to trying some different ones though.
hey that does sound good or you do very little work..:zzz:...yeh the soap seems to go a lot further in a new one...../emoticons/smile.png

Cheers boarcity. I am looking to get some new sleeves and had planned to buy the porcupine after it was recommended on here, but might give the tiger sleeve a try.
As a matter of interest, how often does everyone change their sleeves?. I have been using the same ones for 3 years.....probably not good.
I wash mine every week and replace them every year.

I'm buying new equipment Ill have to try the tiger sleeve to /emoticons/smile.png

i was browsing in the window cleaning centre in ipswich recently and noticed he has several new sleeves on sale . some were very eyecatching colours , royal blue / yellow but they felt too soft in my opinion. looked as if they were made from synthetic fur that you use to make cuddly toys

i like browsing in there , but it has an unusual atmosphere,hard to explain , my workers have noticed it too. you end up looking over your shoulder

then you hear a rustling noise from the back room, out of sight , who / or what?/ is in there

Local fishing shop is like that. .weird atmosphere. .expecting to hear someone say"bring out the gimp"
clear.png

i was browsing in the window cleaning centre in ipswich recently and noticed he has several new sleeves on sale . some were very eyecatching colours , royal blue / yellow but they felt too soft in my opinion. looked as if they were made from synthetic fur that you use to make cuddly toysi like browsing in there , but it has an unusual atmosphere,hard to explain , my workers have noticed it too. you end up looking over your shoulder

then you hear a rustling noise from the back room, out of sight , who / or what?/ is in there
:specs

Local fishing shop is like that. .weird atmosphere. .expecting to hear someone say"bring out the gimp"
clear.png
he he hee , thats it exactly ! one of my workers picks up a huge pair of rubber gloves off an Unger stand and laughs,"whose are these? "

the boss in the ipswich shop looks up from the counter but is deadpan . he reminds me of johnny ball off the telly, in looks but not personality cos he wont make eye contact . but i cant diss him cos his dad cleaned the empire state building when on shore leave from the navy / i read that in the shops online blurb.

the one and only time he almost opened up to me was when i touched a 10 pack of scrim on the top of a pallet load, probably a 1000 scrims,"the motherload"

- "did i want to buy the lot?"

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back