Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Struggling making my pure water

WCF

Help Support WCF:

CCS

Hi guys

Well today i set up my RO/DI SYSTEM (I have bought a Vyair Ro-100) and the pure water it is giving out is so slow. All its prodicing is about 2litres an hour! Is this normal?

My tds is between 300-400 normally and I desperately need pure water quickly as ive told my first customers i can start next week. Any suggestions? Im in Andover, Hampshire and dont think anywhere sells it round here. Helppp

All I can think of without seeing your system is there is a blockage somewhere, do you have the tap on full? Filters/Membrane correctly inserted? Give Sam @Vyair an email, mark it as urgent, he does sometimes look at emails on saturday.

There's either something wrong with your RO, or your mains pressure is too low. You need at least 40- 45 psi preferably more. Are you sure the flush valve isn't open?

Ive got all my backpack and WFP ready to start cleaning but its just the pure that's stopping me. Now starting to think im better off investing in a ladder and tradding to start with

100 GPD won't make that much. At a guess, 50 Ltrs per hour? All to do with water temperature, and pressure from the tap. Unfortunately here in the UK we will never get optimum conditions on membranes.

I would invest in a booster pump, it will massively improve your output. Order Saturday, be with you Monday.

RO this time of year is much slower due to the cold, it lowers efficiency (I think I read on here that every 1c under 23c looses 4% in efficiency?) of water production. At my place, by as much as half, so the booster is a real life saver!

I use this one,but Google 100GPD RO Booster Pump, and see what it comes up with!

RO Booster Pump 300GPD Filter System - Vyair (UK) Ltd

I would hazard a guess it will be making around 10L per hour which is normal for that system.

In the summer, with good water pressure and everything new it would produce around 380L In a 24 period.

I wouldn't bother with booster pumps etc.

You need to buy a bigger unit.

Minimum should have been a 150GPD absolute minimum.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Get a better RO with better output 100 a day will be mega slow. If you need the water for Monday then start by just running it through the DI and make it straight into pure. It will burn your resin but atleast you can work until it's sorted!

I can't believe how slow my 450gpd was when compared to my 4040 I have now.

My 450 used to run virtually day and night during the winter to provide enough water for the 2 of us. If we had a good cleaning week then water would be 'rationed' on Thursday and Friday. It took 28 hours to fill an IBC tank which had a couple of hundred liters left in it to start with.

Hi guys
Well today i set up my RO/DI SYSTEM (I have bought a Vyair Ro-100) and the pure water it is giving out is so slow. All its prodicing is about 2litres an hour! Is this normal?

My tds is between 300-400 normally and I desperately need pure water quickly as ive told my first customers i can start next week. Any suggestions? Im in Andover, Hampshire and dont think anywhere sells it round here. Helppp
My advice is to buy a 450 gpd and sell your 100gpd on ebay. Some fish keeper will buy it. It useless for window cleaning.

I first bought a 50gpd to back in the day. It trickled out so slow & I would say the 100gpd would not be much better. A booster pump would help but if your just going wfp your need a much bigger & faster one. My 200gpd ro with booster pump then going through 2 4.5 litre di's makes 25 litres in about 20 mins.

I first bought a 50gpd to back in the day. It trickled out so slow & I would say the 100gpd would not be much better. A booster pump would help but if your just going wfp your need a much bigger & faster one. My 200gpd ro with booster pump then going through 2 4.5 litre di's makes 25 litres in about 20 mins.
Hi posh is that right I have a 200gpd at the moment but it is taking 2 hrs plus to make 25ltr so I am either investing in a booster tomorrow or a 4021 and booster

IMHO adding a booster pump to a tiny r/o is like finding out your 1.2 petrol engine isn't powerful enough for what you want so you fit a turbo to it.

Unless you have very low water pressure, adding a booster isn't the solution. We managed with a 450gpd and our water pressure was 40psi then - no booster.

Adding a booster to a very slow r/o may double pure water output, but if its still not enough to clean windows you are wasting your time and money.

IMHO adding a booster pump to a tiny r/o is like finding out your 1.2 petrol engine isn't powerful enough for what you want so you fit a turbo to it.
Unless you have very low water pressure, adding a booster isn't the solution. We managed with a 450gpd and our water pressure was 40psi then - no booster.

Adding a booster to a very slow r/o may double pure water output, but if its still not enough to clean windows you are wasting your time and money.
Hi spruce that's what I mean I have 200gpd and the psi on my tap is 35 and a flow rate of 10 ltrs per min

Back