Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

overhead wires

WCF

Help Support WCF:

you should treat all cables live

the live cables if you follow them along until you come to the verical poles they are generally marked as danger live

Got an SLX18, there is a real possibility I will touch it if I go for that top window? Seriously, are they dangerous and are they just for the TV as someone said?

They are phone lines mate

Perfectly safe

Those wooden posts with the metal steps on the sides are for bt to do line repairs

They carry no more current than your phone socket in the wall

Got an SLX18, there is a real possibility I will touch it if I go for that top window? Seriously, are they dangerous and are they just for the TV as someone said?
You wont be reaching that dorma with a 18ft mate, those phone lines are totally safe, I have one house I do with a line right across the middle of a upstairs window, I do the top half above the wire sometimes pole rests on wire, then move the pole underneath to get to the lower half of it, then I push the wire up with pole underneath to rinse window.

Be careful with electricity, my mate got electrocuted in the bakery.

He stood on a bun and the currant ran up his leg /emoticons/biggrin.png

View attachment 11584 View attachment 11585 These overhead wires were in the way of the top window which I was trying to clean. What are these wires for and is it dangerous if my pole touches them?
View attachment 11582 View attachment 11583
I clean 2 house next to each other & both have high windows like this with these wires in the way.. Always work around them as best as possible & I try not to knock them also trying not to get the clamps from the pole caught in them.. It can be tricky specially on a windy day.. Never had a problem though.. Good luck

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

Latest Posts

Back