Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Im Livid!

For a start, spam his mobile with insurance quotes and stuff like that. I think the calling him for a window cleaning quote is a good idea just so you can suss who he is. Then do something unrelated to window cleaning for revenge. He ain't a kid you've upset in another way is he? ie an argument in the pub?
I don't condone serious violence /emoticons/wink.png

welllll as it happens, i had another company ( 5 vans ) follow me in a town and when i was out the bk they offered my customers it cheaper doing it trad and said doing trad you get a finished job and not a half job. i caught one of them and chased him. he dropped his ladders and actually ran down the road. i got his ladders and chucked them in the hedge. now when he sees me he sticks his finger up at me. hahahaa :lol: other cleaner near me threatened me when i started a few yrs ago but never got nowt bk from him, just slashed tyres lol. :lol:

round her ppl take it personally thats the problem. u dont see buildings knocking others bricks down like 5 yr olds do ya?

i dont set out to cause trouble. they just seem to target me coz im new ( 2 yrs ) they must feel threatened or something but with my canvassing / flyer rate they should be laffin :lol:

ive had gypys collecting my round,

seen a costomer and said u owe 2 months and he said i paid your son.

i said when ? he said

got knock on the door last friday night about a 13 year old lad said window cleaner,

he said there was a car waiting with door open so he thought i was in car and sent my son out,

he paid the lad and he got into the car.

Guys just be careful on what you are saying ok, some banter is ok. But don't cross the line ok /emoticons/smile.png

JDMW. Do you ever think someone up there is telling you somet. You don't seem to have a lot of luck mate. I admire you carrying on. Don't let em beat yer. There get fed up in the end.

hey it just makes me more deturmined to try harder, i wont ever give window cleaning up. if i have to do my cleaning with the custys i got i will lol

ive had gypys collecting my round,
seen a costomer and said u owe 2 months and he said i paid your son.

i said when ? he said

got knock on the door last friday night about a 13 year old lad said window cleaner,

he said there was a car waiting with door open so he thought i was in car and sent my son out,

he paid the lad and he got into the car.
We had a milky who pulled a similar stunt. He said he would collect every 2 weeks. But every other time he seemed to collect a week later. He had a little kid with him when he knocked for his money, it kind of threw ya into thinking, ahh bless the little kid. The kid was his con tactic. I got suss to it and made a note of when he collected. Sure enough he was collecting 2 weekly and then weekly. I went and found him and he had a car load of family in the car. I told him I was onto him. For my trouble I got a mouthfull off his teenage daughter. He must have got away with loads of dosh over time.

Thanks....So do you have a copy of this letter?

Hi , please allow me to introduce myselve. blah blah blah As your previous window cleaner had prob informed you we have now taken over the window cleaning round and from now on we look forward to taking care of your window cleaning needs. it may take us a little longer for us to get around the work this first time while we become familiar with the round.then his name robert and his mobile number, i searched his number on google and i came up with a scam site. i feel a little more happy now. what if he went out hoping to make a quick quid and then leave. they were bungalows and old people. these old people always seem to be the targets in my area which is sick. now i have added a note on my invoices saying if i happen to sell my round you will be told in writing from my self.

nahhh i dont have a copy in my hands but i can get a copy if you want one haha. i saved his number, but there was more to the letter than what i can remember. it was pretty well laid out tho. not something some thick or normal person would just type out.

I would get hold of that letter if it was me to be honest. That way you would have proof of what has been handed to your customers should you wish to take it further. I'm sure trading standards would be interested to find out if it is a scam or not. Also advice if any trading law has been broken too. I’m sure if they think an offence has been committed then may involve the police too.

theres all sorts going on in my area. bloke in a tranny van is going about grabbing ppls dogs from them and driving off. another one is ppl dressing up as coppers and while the oap is at the door there mates going in the bk door. ppl like this get under my skin. lots of vans got broken into the other day aswell. reason i got my gear inside now.

Back