Ladder roofbar-roller

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Jimroot, Jan 17, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Jimroot

Jimroot Guru

Is a ladder roll bar to get the ladder on and off the bars an essential or a luxury that doubles the cost of the bars?

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

It's not essential but makes life a bit easier and may help protect the back of your van from getting marked

3. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Only needed for vans higher than a Dispatch or with no side loading door IMO.

4. Jimroot

Jimroot Guru

my van aint exactly showroom fresh but will try my ladders on and off first I guess. I invested in better quality alu bars so I might go all out and get the roller.

just read your post about your hard hat smurf, have you seen the screwfix range of bump caps, looks a good idea as I always smack my head off stuff but wouldn't want to wear a shell type

5. Jimroot

Jimroot Guru

got a low car size van so might get away with keeping my 60 notes then or wait for an ebay find ;)

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I prefer wearing a hard hat than a bump cap as keeps buckets of water off me head :D

7. Jimroot

Jimroot Guru

I think I'm more Mr Bump than Mr Forgetful :D

8. DMD

DMD Member

we have a roller bar at the back, its brilliant for quick on/off and stops the back doors taking a battering if you were to lie the ladder against the door for even a second

quick note though - they make the van very noisy in my opinion (2012 peugeot partner)

I find it safer to use than jumping on the side loading door or overhead pushing ladders onto bars. (mines is more of a cage, 3 bars and side impact bars plus roller)

£135+VAT from a steel fabrication company

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. rshandyman

rshandyman Forum Addict

I Have a roller bar and I do not know how would I do it without.My gutter laddet setup is very heavy so it would be a nightmare to take it off,I also have roof rack stops.On top of this is much safer beacuse I do not want to **** about with triple 10m setup around custys cars.

10. ♠Winp®oClean♠

♠Winp®oClean♠ Forum Addict

Roller bar makes life MUCH easier! Had one on my Doblo & now have one on my Dispatch. Keeps van doors from getting battered, much easier to put ladders on & off and also allows you to load/remove ladders with very little space at the rear of the van i.e. if you're backed up to something or a car pulls up behind you etc.

Advertisement