Ladder Safety

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by MikeJP, Sep 5, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. MikeJP

MikeJP Active Member

Advertisement
  2. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

yer they are a good bit of kit to have, the other great bit of kit to have for ladders is:-

http://www.ladders-o...Ladderm8rix-Pro

bit more expensive at £79 but with this it will hlep you not having someone to foot the ladder!

3. MikeJP

MikeJP Active Member

Yeah, I've defo learnt a thing or two from this Impact training.

Hopefully wont be doing too much ladder work but these things could become priceless. Don't trust myself on ladders sometimes. But I suppose alot of it comes down to experience and confidence and I'm lacking both when it comes to ladders at the mo. Lol

4. nearlyclean

Supplier

Ladder stops are good, I used two big screwdrivers dug in behind on wet icy ground as well or at funny angles like over a porch. regular change the rubber feet at the bottom of your ladders is important see so many using ladders with the bare metal on the ground

5. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

yer that training has helped me out a lot too!
    i've grown up round ladder as dad was a builder so always been up and down them since a young age. but its good to be a bit nevous on them, that way it makes sure you stay safe and not get carried away on them!

6. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

I always find somehting to jam my ladders behind. I remember I went and done gutter a few weeks ago. I had my ladder stand on on it was only a bungalow too. The old lady came out and imsisted she stad at the bottom of my ladder. Incase I fell

7. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

Lol had a wee woman do that for me last week I kept telling her to move away incase she got hit in the head with a lump of muck

8. Brian Fitzherbert

I have one quit similar to the one shown on your video link. It is a very big help for me since I usually do most of my handy work jobs on the roof and in the wall of my home...

9. nearlyclean

Supplier

I like the idea of using a screw eye attached to the building and tie the ladder to that. You just have to relax and take your time when up a ladder, always land on something soft (old ladies, car bonnets, rose bushes)

10. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

I use a base mate the best bit of kit around .

Advertisement