Ladder Safety?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Business' started by Gmeister, Dec 22, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

Having discussion with a mate on the bus today(went christmas shopping lol)

Having a discusion about ladder saftey vs wfp.

And

Seeing post on this forum where people have died due to ladder saftey..

It got me thinking....

So many times have I been on a ladder and leant back a little bit where you feel like your gonna fall(*buit dont!!*)

Is there not something where you can harness yourself to your ladder when your at the top or something, to stop falling back or falling off ladder since this is how, many accidents happen??

Second to that is where the ladder slips out at the bottem but you get those special ladder footers...

Just a thought...

Advertisement
  2. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

Yer u could harness yourself to the ladder to stop you fall, but if you don't fix the ladder to the wall at the top,
    the ladder will just fall with you.

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

4. Posh

Posh Hero

I got one of them grippa ladder about a month back & have used it a few time & believe me feel so much safer with it there. The ladder don't move.

5. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

They have for being used like that, but not many guys clean windows using those sort of ladders! Lol

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

It Is the only way to prevent someone falling off a ladder & hiting the ground though unlike this plonker :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd_FMM8FPAU

If you look at the vid frames approx 54 seconds in that ladder was actualy anchored to the wall with an anchor bolt and ladder straps to prevent the ladder kicking out but did not prevent the top of the ladder from slipping sideways :rolleyes:

7. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

When I said to fix the ladder to the wall I meant at the top of the ladder not the bottom of it.

8. Donny

Donny Well-Known Member

I use one of these
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sealey-Ladder-Stabiliser-/290730897981?pt=UK_H_G_Ladders_RL&hash=item43b0e9723d
    along with one of these
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LADDER-ANCHOR-STABILISER-BRACE-SAFETY-LADDERS-/230899315732?pt=UK_H_G_Ladders_RL&hash=item35c2abf414
    I clean a lot of roofs so they are essential , if im cleaning gutters and moving the ladder a lot i use one off these
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/THE-ROJAK-18-LADDER-STABILISER-STOPPER-/220759507320?pt=UK_H_G_Ladders_RL&hash=item33664ac178
    So far so good, the top link is a brill bit off kit if the ground slopes as can be adjusted for any angle

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

10. daley

daley Banned

ar it cooms as no sreprize its one of mroisons men cos a lot of em came from plc

Advertisement