Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help And Advice Please

WCF

Help Support WCF:

To save some money.

22Litre big boy backpack from window cleaning warehouse.

Then strap to a trolley. £20 - £45

Will do the same job for about £165 max! More like £140

If you want a picture I can post one tomz

I bought a trolley and also have the WCW 22ltr backpack. Both are in the back of the van but going to sell the trolley now as 99.99999% of the time I just use the backpack. I actually have it attached to the frame from a pensioners shopping trolley that I got for £3.80 and it's just lighter and more manouverable and easier to get in and out of the van than the 'proper' trolley. Its actually faster than the van mounted system. I love it!

yeh my backpack does all my work. its faster than hoses trailing about. take it out fill it up and get to the first window in 2mins. then only takes 20 secs to pack away, no hoses to wined up

I did think about doing that but didn't know whether it would durable enough for everyday use though, and it would save me money so I could get a slx instead of a clx pole /emoticons/smile.png picture would be great please, hopefully first bits arrive tomorrow from pure freedom so I can start making pure water!

worse comes to the worse do what i started off with, 100psi pump with an old car battery in a tool box with 25L barrels on top being pulled with a trolley. i had watertanks in vans at the start aswell but never got on with it, hoses got caught on everything poss and it took 10 mins walking about to get hose free.

We have around 6 back packs. All being used full time.

Battery's last about 8 months to a year then they start to die.

Battery is about 15 to swap out.

They will last mate. Trust me.

On a full day working from trolleys I would use around 300L

IF I run from van about 450/500

Prob need 20/30 Liters per house as they will be classed as first cleans.

Then you will prob use around 18ish a house.

My wcw backpack full I can do 2 houses. So I would need to have full backpack & another 50 litres so 2 containers. Depends also on the person & how quick or slow you are. I'm not the best wfp person in the world but get but & love my 2 backpacks.

Try k s systems,just need another grand though but you get two poles a and two reels,money well spent and professionally fitted.

my 22ltr wcw backpack lasts me when i do 2 maintenance cleans i dont need to refill at all /emoticons/biggrin.png/emoticons/tongue.png

but when i do a first clean with a 22ltr ill need to get another 25ltr barrell on top !

plus if your a newbie at using wfp ull need much more water then expected... trust me... u dont know the shortcuts until u actually get cracking on /emoticons/smile.png

if i had a backpack to start of with.. id probably go through 60-70 litres of water...

but after 9 months of using wfp i now use a lot less water /emoticons/tongue.png i can now call msyelf a pro /emoticons/wink.png haha

u wont be making money when first starting otu with wfp when u never used it before.... in the first few weeks u jsut got to accept that ull be taking 1 hour on 1 house to get used to wfp /emoticons/smile.png

when i first started out it toke me nearly 2 hours to clean a 8 quid house mate.... cos i had a trolley... my flow rate was 10/20 and that held me back and i was not experienced so that held me even further back

for first cleans u always need a high flow rate mate /emoticons/smile.png if u do a high flow rate on a backpack or trolley u wont get far cos all the water will be gone before u know it

i always use a flow rate of 80-100 when doing a first clean... my water does go fast this way aswell but i always be well equipped cos i got a 350litre tank and i got 5 x 25ltr barrels to back me up if i ever run out aswell /emoticons/tongue.png

I find that with a backpack, because the 'toggle' or valve to switch it on and off is usually right next to me, when i'm doing first cleans on frames I can go over them once with the water on, then turn it off and give everything a good scrub once it's wet to agitate the dirt off the surfaces, then turn the water back on and clean/rinse - whether this saves me much water or not I don't know, but it feels like it does /emoticons/tongue.png Surely it must? Or maybe it just takes me longer to clean the window and uses the same amount of water! Try for yourself and see what you think!

On another note at some point I am going to get some alu tubing and weld a 'proper' trolley that is based on the pensioners shopping trolley frame I currently use but custom fitted to the wcw backpack. hopefully it will be awesome! or it will just break haha

As you can see it fits perfectly onto a trolley, the back pack has been secured with metal strips that lock it in. Large cable ties would do the same tbh.

This has had pole holder fitted, hose reel and remote control for on/off.

Barrow is Aluminium as well.

We have another BIG BOY BACKPACK coming tomorrow if you need any other info on a new one, that hasnt been mounted.

View attachment 1212

That looks really smart, defo made my mind up to get one! Pure water bits came today so the weekend is gonna be spent putting a shed up to fit it in and get it running!

Back