Ladder safty - what are you using currently using and recommendations

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Scottie, Nov 10, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Scottie

Scottie Well-Known Member

#1 Scottie, Nov 10, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
    Hello,

I have been looking into ladders and WFP recently and it looks like I am choosing TRAD. Unless I cna get to grips with what I need for a WFP system and to make it, it seems a lot of hassle, probabaly as I am new to it all and learning.

Ok, I have ladders the Abru trade ones as recommended by some guys on here, my first ever pair. Not the best but good enough for me and will last me a year I will improve on them.

I am looking for good safty tips and what is good to buy. I am ordering the m8rix as that seems good and will add some kind of anti slip backwards and I have seen it in action also and works, its better than a bitof carpet my windy used to tell me a while ago.

I wonders if an ankalad can be used in conjection with this and is there one that will fit a 2.0 meter ladder?

I just want some good saftey bits and as new and winter to I want to feel safe as I learn my new trade, just being sensible and asking here as you guys will no what is best and what works with each other.

I have the m8rix for anti slip I want somthing that helps with sideways slip, a feature that can add soem assistance, I know its never full proof but somthing that assists. I see there is a sure step stabalizer not sure if any has used it? or if there are better easy to fit smaller ones. Also does a stand offer offer any saftey and are they a benefit?

THANK YOU AGAIN!

Advertisement
  2. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Just get an ankalad
    Stops sideways and backwards slip so don't need anything else
    Must have at least 9 rungs in the section to mount it though

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

With a microlite standoff also used at the top of the ladder make an awesome safe working combination.

5. Scottie

Dam my ladder has 7 oin abru. But I found this ankalad and it says it fits any ladder? http://www.tool-net.co.uk/p-314973/...ankalad.html?gclid=COe6xMGO8MECFUYOwwodqRAA5A
    Will have to contact them see if it will fit, ther emust be one out there that does.

Anything else of good use, stabalizers are good need to find one that will fold up on ladder, not sure they do them.

Thanks smurf for the info too.

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

No an ankalad will not fit on a 7 rung ladder even though it says it will fit any type of ladder that meaning what it is made from not size

7. Scottie

Yeah. Stick to the m8rix and a staalizer, still tryign to find a a pure water makign set up thats resonable price. I have that facelift package thats set up ready for pure and go. Frustrating, just trying to haul the net for info and what i may need, If I new what I needed, i could have it all with a few days. Grrr - just the ladders are cheaper, but really I want WFP i really like the concept.

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

If you don't want to use ladders then the other option is to learn about trad pole work

9. boarcity

boarcity Guest

the simplicity of ladderwork is a real boon. if you are going to add a safety device only add one - dont over egg the omelette by adding too many safety gizmos. you might trip over them

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Or do away with ladders altogether is another option

Advertisement