Ladders secure?

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by boarcity, Jun 5, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. boarcity

boarcity Guest

dunno about you lads,but theres times when i motor off and am not sure if iv fixed the ladders down. a while ago i bought a wide angle mirror and fitted it to the front of my pole tube-so i can double check while driving along

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Nice idea as is easy to get distracted :thumbsup:

3. cheapncheerful

great idea....i have done some dodgy things in the past...so far...lucky..one was leaving my ladder lock ...really heavy...on the roof whilst driving for a few miles...so lucky to find it there when i arrived...it doesnt leave my hands now or it gets lent up against the boot....:)

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

It is so easy to forget to secure a ladder on a motor as I have done it on more than once. You start driving down the road then realise so the mirror I think is a great idea.

5. TolishAPurd

Yep, I've forgotten a few times now. The way I tackle it now is to secure the ladder the moment it goes on the van. I've got a bad memory anyway so if I put the ladder on the rack, and then start putting other things away in the back with the intention of sorting it afterwards, I'm guaranteed to totally forget.

6. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Do you clean the windows over the road in the pic boar? :eek::D

7. boarcity

boarcity Guest

:)

8. Mart1001

Mart1001 Well-Known Member

Talking about ladder security, I'm feeling abit paranoid at the moment. After struggling by with my 2m triple for the past 18 months, I've gone out and bought a new 13 rung Titan from midland. I used to bring my 2m in each night as it easily stored in the cupboard under the stairs but, as my new ladder is twice the length, I had already made my mind up it'll stay on the rack each night. I also promised the missus this so I can't go back on my word.

Anyway, it arrived yesterday and I used it today for the first time....brilliant ladder. It's currently sitting double padlocked on my rack in my car port at the rear of the house which has tall gates so it can't be easily seen but, that isn't stopping me sitting here paranoid now that some ******** gonna pinch it...I live on a council estate which doesn't help much. Do any of you lads leave your ladders out and have you ever had any probs ?

Mart.

9. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

i have left my ladders on my van for years no padlocks or chained no problems been very lucky
    on the down side forgot to tie my ladders on one day
    double ladder & A frame came off ven ran over my favourite A FRAME snapped in two
    so so lucky got away with it with out anyone being harmed so lucky.
    changed my van with no roof rack fitted. really need the ladders but i,m passed myself

10. boarcity

boarcity Guest

i use a python cable lock [made by Master] at night time to lock my ladders to the roof bars . not totally thief proof but its something. i also have my van backed up to a wall, as an extra deterrent.
    i had a good long look at the different motorbike locks /hardened chain locks in Bn Q recently, they have an excellent selection - i intend to up my security very soon .

Advertisement