ladders then I am ready to go!

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by 1393jason, Jul 29, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. 1393jason

1393jason Active Member

I've got most of the cleaning kit (basic stuff) I've cleaned my windows inside and out to the point where I think my neighbours think I am going crazy, I've got my leaflets on the way........I just need some ladders and some customers.

I am considering 3 different ladders. I wondered if you guys could help me pick the right one?

1/ 2.5m triple, closed height 2.5m and open 5.5 (these are what I am leaning towards)
    Triple 2.5m (8ft2) Professional EN131 Trade Ladder

2/ 3m double, opens to 5m Double 3.0m (9ft10) Professional EN131 Trade Ladder

3/ I have pretty much discounted these in my mind. but the 3m triple that opens up to 7m.

Any thoughts on these ladders for a newbie? Thanks all in advance.
    Jason

Advertisement
  2. High-tower

High-tower Active Member

Get the 3m treble... You can just use the first 2 sections as a double, but have the extra section if you need it... Handy for gutter jobs...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. boarcity

boarcity Guest

3metre triple . but dont get any fitted with fancy aftermarket feet, theyre actually deadly in certain situations, a backward step [literally!!!] over standard plastic feet

4. 1393jason

1393jason Active Member

Thanks for the replies guys. boarcity have you had any experience with these feet? SupaGrip swivel feet are fitted as standard on the midland ladder range.

5. boarcity

boarcity Guest

iv not used them no. but i know theyre made of rubber [as opposed to the original plastic feet], i had a bad fall back in 2010 when my ladder was stood on a rubber safety mat and it suddenly let go and i fell the full drop .later i looked into the problem and found out its well known that rubbers lethal outdoors if the grounds damp,dusty or smooth.
    up till my fall i believed that rubber was extra good at gripping. a common fallacy!!

which is why the ladder makers use plastic feet as original fitment

6. Clisty1989

Clisty1989 Forum Addict

Mines a 6.92m triple, take the top section off and itll reach 90% of window, with all 3 sections itll just reach some 3rd storey windows, but i dont do them off a ladder, the couple times i have my backside was twitching like a rabbits nose! I only used the 3rd section on gutter jobs, can also reach tops of apex's on sides of houses

7. boarcity

boarcity Guest

i personally like trade ladders made by LYTE and have had very good service getting them from www.brownsladders.co.uk

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. 1393jason

1393jason Active Member

How would you normally do the 3rd story houses? WFP? I discounted the triple as I thought it was slightly excessive and heavy plus I have no plans for gutter jobs straight away or even at all.

9. 1393jason

1393jason Active Member

Ah ok, thanks for this info. I think this forum has already saved me making a few mistakes. I have also looked at the Lyte ladders as I see a few here have recommended them and they are slightly cheaper than the midland ladders.

10. boarcity

boarcity Guest

the lyte double 2.92 metres is what i use as my daily ladder [windows] i also carry a 2.92 triple [gutters]

as said you can use the 1st two sections [of the triple] as your window ladder ,however these 2 sections are noticeably heavier [sturdier made thicker metal etc ] than the double of the same size

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
Advertisement