Ladders, What Type.

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Mike48, Feb 27, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Mike48

Mike48 Member

Hi again gents,
    can anyone advise me on what type of ladders to buy to clean windows on residential property. Cant see them having to go above the 1st floor.
    So would a 2 part or 3 part ladder be best and what hight should I go to, 6 ,7, 8 meter?
    Any advice welcome.
    cheers.Mike

Advertisement
  2. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

2 part ladder, 3 part will slow you down a bit. Im not sure what height mine is though

3. bvwcs

bvwcs Member

3.7 double section. Make sure it is a trade ladder not a cheap domestic one

4. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

I would strongly advise having safety feet on the ladder as well.....makes you feel a lot safer. Midland ladders fit supafit swivel safety feet for free on titan ladders. I have a titan 3.5 metre double trade ladder......quality job.

5. Posh

Posh Hero

Two part 11 rungs does all I want it to. Also have a 3 part which is great but as said is awkward & fairly heavy.

6. Window Cleaning Rayleigh

Window Cleaning Rayleigh Well-Known Member

I'd agree with Mrtaytay bout checking out midland ladders, I got mine from there and the supagrip swivel feet are amazing, and I personally have got triple 3m titans, I take the 3rd section off when I'm doing windows and add the 3rd section back for when I do gutter work.

Advertisement