Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New Website Feedback

Brandon

Been working on my new site for a while, it's almost finished but there's still a few pages to complete.

Would be nice to hear some feedback on what you guys think /emoticons/smile.png

www.handy-lads.co.uk

Cheers [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good nice an simple.
Possibly a mention on price as this seems to instantly decide people's decicions.

Only my opinion.
Thanks mate.

Yeah maybe a "prices start from..." would give people an idea?

Thanks mate.
Yeah maybe a "prices start from..." would give people an idea?

Depending on your price it may encourage people to contact you... on the other hand if your on the dearer side may deter.

Try and see i guess

Depending on your price it may encourage people to contact you... on the other hand if your on the dearer side may deter.
Try and see i guess
I agree with you completely, it's about finding that sweet spot. I suppose it weeds out the stingy lot from the good customers willing to pay more for a quality service.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice, simple and looks good my iPhone. I've been trying to get my website responsive on all devices as I only really made it look ok on the home pc but most will use a smart phone so thumbs up /emoticons/smile.png

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Yeah my main focus has been optimising the site for phone use. I ran a Google Adwords ad before and in a few days it had over 2,000 views with 85% being from a smartphone!

Did you make your site yourself?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The design looks.really nice. Very clean and simple?

Seems slow to load but that might be my Internet. .

Needs a lot more content mind

Don't want to be over critical but some of your benefits aren't really benefits they're features. For example "uniformed staff" isn't a benefit to a customer. I was taught - to turn a feature into a benefit use the phrase ".....which means that...." E.g. Uniformed staff which means you'll know who's calling on your house (or whatever your trying to say)

Don't want to be over critical but some of your benefits aren't really benefits they're features. For example "uniformed staff" isn't a benefit to a customer. I was taught - to turn a feature into a benefit use the phrase ".....which means that...." E.g. Uniformed staff which means you'll know who's calling on your house (or whatever your trying to say)

Good point mate, it's funny you say that I was thinking 'Uniformed staff' looked somewhat out of space.

The design looks.really nice. Very clean and simple?
Seems slow to load but that might be my Internet. .

Needs a lot more content mind
Thanks dude.

Do you mean more content in the other services? Or does window cleaning need more content too?

Google loves lots of content but it had to be relevant content.

It depends on tour competition mate. Your site doesn't have many pages or much text but it might not need it.

I'll have a better look at it tonight and give you some better info.

A good way to add content is blogs.

If you look at my site I am building www.thompsoncleaning.co.uk (bare in mind there are lots of errors and its no where near finished)

But you will notice the faq section at the bottom of each page. I will be using this to add lots of useful information without clogging up the main page with lots of text. You want the site to be straight to the point for customers but you want lots if relevant content for google.

Google loves lots of content but it had to be relevant content.
It depends on tour competition mate. Your site doesn't have many pages or much text but it might not need it.

I'll have a better look at it tonight and give you some better info.

A good way to add content is blogs.

If you look at my site I am building www.thompsoncleaning.co.uk (bare in mind there are lots of errors and its no where near finished)

But you will notice the faq section at the bottom of each page. I will be using this to add lots of useful information without clogging up the main page with lots of text. You want the site to be straight to the point for customers but you want lots if relevant content for google.
Really like that site @adamangler

Very clean and clear. What wordpress theme are you using if you dont mind me asking?

It's elegant themes divi builder.

Its about £80 per year. But it's more of a platform to build websites rather than a theme even though it is a theme yet ou get another 70 of there themes with it.

I'm quite interested in building sites so I'm hoping to get some use out of it to buold others.

Always makes me laugh how many of us are using the same images on our sites lol. There about 4 on that site that's on mine haha

Always makes me laugh how many of us are using the same images on our sites lol. There about 4 on that site that's on mine haha
You should see some of the websites for window cleaners round my way full off images of work they don't clean or company brands or accredations they don't have.

One bloke has his opening page of him with his van in shoot cleaning a lovely great big glass commercial building.I know the job in question and congratulated him on winning such a big job.

"I don't have the contract I just pulled up on a Sunday and took photos"he said

Back