Ladders

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Ryan, Feb 5, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Ryan

Ryan Guest

Whats the best all round ladder to get boys

what you all use the most of and what best sort of hight to go for

any help be great

Advertisement
  2. laddergarder

20ft ***ans

http://www.ladders4sale.co.uk/titan_ladders.htm

3. James

James Guru

I'd also like to know this, I need a good pair of triple stage ladders, any recommendations?

James.

4. laddergarder

Hi James, I have a set of 30ft triples, but I find them a little heavy for any long term use, I use them to go above the odd window that's too tall, to avoid having to over reach. It really depends how much you intend to use them, if its for regular use then I would recommend, going to 20ft/25ft doubles that will be a bit lighter.

What kind of height were you thinking for the triples.

5. James

James Guru

To be honest with you ladder I'm not really sure. I'm 100% WFP, only really need the ladders for Guttering and Soffit jobs. So I need the ladders to reach the roof edge.

I just notice every 'professional' window cleaning van out there (or any other business van like Sky, BT etc) has a set of triple stage ladders on top. I just have a really bad pair of old double stage ladders that need to be sSwear word!ped really.

What ladders would you recommend just for mainly doing guttering and soffit jobs?

James.

6. laddergarder

http://www.ladders4sale.co.uk/titan_ladders.htm

there is a set of trade triples there for £159.99, they open to 28ft. I think that is the set I bought, but notice they are 27kg, double the weight of the doubles at the equivalent closed height. However if you are mainly WFP, I would recommend these instead as they would be a more suitable height, and at that height, most ladders do weigh a bit regardless. They are good sturdy ladders, and I think there prices on ladders4sale are pretty good. I have seem some suppliers asking for £300 for a set like that. Plus if you are only going to use them for the odd gutter job, you'll be fine with these.

I think I read on H&S website somewhere that 30ft was the highest you could go without having to tie the ladder down at the top, and have a second man at the bottom.

7. James

James Guru

Really appreciate this info Ladder, massive help as always.

I'm looking through that site at the moment and I've actually been looking at the ones you have just mentioned. I think I may purchase them. Can't see anything cheaper elsewhere & they look sturdy too.

James.

Advertisement