Landline number?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by windyman, Mar 7, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

How many of you advertise a landline number on your van/stationary?

I think it looks much more professional and trustworthy, but at moment I only use my mob number.

I have a landline, but a bit unsure about using that for business.

Have thought about getting a Skype number (u can get it with your local area code), £40 per yr.

Advertisement
  2. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

I only use my mobile number. If you are a business with a premises then i could see why you would want a landline up aswell, but for a self employed window cleaner?. Cant see it bothering many people, one way or another, especially in this age where pretty much everyone has a mobile phone.

3. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

Yea true. I think with domestic it doesn't matter, but with commercial I think it's very professional.

I think if people see a landline no. they know you are there to stay...any old tom can get a mobile. Just my view.

4. jambo113

jambo113 Guest

a landline does look a bit more professional but youll want to be able to divert the calls to your mobile for when your out at work. some people will look in the phone book for example try a number if no answer they will ring the next company down

5. lee.h

lee.h Member

any ideas on how you can divert the landline call to your mobile.?

i agree the land line seems more professional but im not in the house to answer it and customers will simply move on

6. Paul

Paul Guest

I think u have to do the diversion through your landline provider.

7. laddergarder

You might find this topic helpful...

https://www.windowcleaningforums.co.uk/thread-1131.html

8. James

James Guru

I advertise my landline number only because it shows your local, but most of my calls come from my business mob.

9. Iain

Iain Guru

BT have a service called Call Divert which sends calls to your home number to your mobile which i think is about £10 a month and a couple of pence per minute for the calls.

There's loads of companies out there that can provide dedicated local numbers or 0844 numbers that are diverted to mobiles. We have a special emergency number that has an 0844 which is constantly diverted to our on-call team manager.

10. Ryan

Ryan Guest

mobile only on my flyers as its no point in them phone the landlines as i'm out 90% of the time

Advertisement