Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Landline number?

windyman

How many of you advertise a landline number on your van/stationary?

I think it looks much more professional and trustworthy, but at moment I only use my mob number.

I have a landline, but a bit unsure about using that for business.

Have thought about getting a Skype number (u can get it with your local area code), £40 per yr.

Yea true. I think with domestic it doesn't matter, but with commercial I think it's very professional.

I think if people see a landline no. they know you are there to stay...any old tom can get a mobile. Just my view.

any ideas on how you can divert the landline call to your mobile.?

i agree the land line seems more professional but im not in the house to answer it and customers will simply move on

I advertise my landline number only because it shows your local, but most of my calls come from my business mob.

any ideas on how you can divert the landline call to your mobile.?

i agree the land line seems more professional but im not in the house to answer it and customers will simply move on
BT have a service called Call Divert which sends calls to your home number to your mobile which i think is about £10 a month and a couple of pence per minute for the calls.

There's loads of companies out there that can provide dedicated local numbers or 0844 numbers that are diverted to mobiles. We have a special emergency number that has an 0844 which is constantly diverted to our on-call team manager.

i would rather use the mobile, i think for domestic that is the best routeand its certainly the easiest. i dont ever use my house phone even if im 3 feet from it haha

I have office # AND mobile # AND email address AND

website on ALL stationary and van.

I recently had a "poacher" on a shopping mall I clean

the instant response from the manager and customers

was -- "only a mobile and NO web address???? - "

Would you have your tarmac laid by a mobile only

contractor???

Either add all OR put

Daytime # 07703 xxxxxx (mobile)

evenings #01237 xxxxxx (landline)

OR divert

OR leave a message on your landline

referring them to your mobile.

Just a thought

Robert

Good points there, I still think it's a good idea as it shows you your local /emoticons/wink.png

Obviously if you were a national company it wouldn't really work but everyone is in different situations.

Hi, We have got our business landline through o2 Business and with that you get free calls to o2 mobile, so we have it on constant divert to the o2 mobile and it only costs £10 a month line rental for the business land line. nice and cheap and a land line aswell, IIm all about saving the money :)

Hello Paul Rods, You can speak to Jamie McLachlan an o2 Business Landline Account Guy, He is an excellent guy and a real great help. o2 on 0800 630 0002, He is there till 6pm to***ht, or from 9.30 till 6pm tomoz

If any one else calls them please say that you got the details from Window Cleaning Forum. Jamie understands the need for all of us to cut costs and he is able to sort deals out with anyone.

All the best

Tom

Paulrods- mainly space don't want loads of phone numbers on the van and years ago use to have my landline on the van and the amount of idiots that phone you in the ***ht for a laugh I don't bother now and most don't worry now days ringing a mobile for a window cleaner and lots of people now don't even have a landline. I think web address looks more pro with mobile underneath. I had many customers and the only comnication they've had with me is via text message. But I would say if your target customer is oap then a landline is a must, my customer base is mainly professional people and use email text and mobile to mobile. I probably only use my landline a couple times a month as much more covienent to use my mobile with 800 minutes of free calls and I think most customers are in the same mindset as me.

i dunno i think james is right your landline no shows your local & i still get messages left on my house phone. i dont have my address on the van but both phone no's also i've got 1 foll day where there's no reception & a few little pockets the same -- so if they cant get 1 number they can get the other & at least leave a message

nearly clean - how do you target only professional people ??????????

yeh my business name is just mine & my kids initials so the phone no helps also we got lads from lancaster coming up & a couple of nutters from burnly the just have mobile no's - i dont even know where burnly is lol

Its a landline in the home that diverts to your mobile for free if its on o2, so you only pay the landline rental at home and no divert costs, or, you can go to places like numbertel and get a local dialling code number which doesnt require a land line and diverts straight to your mobile and you only pay for the cost of the divert. we are happy with the o2 way as everyone in the family now is on o2 so it doesnt cost anything to call them on their mobiles.

Its a landline in the home that diverts to your mobile for free if its on o2, so you only pay the landline rental at home and no divert costs, or, you can go to places like numbertel and get a local dialling code number which doesnt require a land line and diverts straight to your mobile and you only pay for the cost of the divert. we are happy with the o2 way as everyone in the family now is on o2 so it doesnt cost anything to call them on their mobiles.
Thanks bud.

Latest Posts

Back