Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Large restaurant conservatory pricing

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Cam

Hi guys. New to this forum. Been asked to price inside outside clean, including roof. It's probably double size of a normal residential large conservatory. 30+ glass roof panels. Very good window cleaning customer so I'm planning a good price. Any ideas on what you'd price it at and maybe timescale too. Chester area. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20220617_135635.jpg
    20220617_135635.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 20220617_135703.jpg
    20220617_135703.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 20220617_135528.jpg
    20220617_135528.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 24
  • 20220617_135503.jpg
    20220617_135503.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 25
  • 20220617_135457.jpg
    20220617_135457.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 23
Three sides look OK access wise but the side next to the slate roof building looks a bit tight especially when you have to pull your pole back and not hit the slate roof.
Do your best to avoid sunny weather as you will fry doing the inside.

Looks like wooden frame ?? That will hold the dirt and take longer than UPVC would , as for price I won’t comment on that one , but price it high would be my advice no point in doing work like that for same money as easy maintenance cleans . Time wise again at a guess day and a half that’s a lot of internal glass working off steps of scaffold tower .

Id probably say £380-£450 inside and out depending on how bad.the frames and glass where.
I actually quoted £500 because I did a decent size house upvc conservatory earlier in the year half the size for £275 in and out. Unfortunately she came back today and said I was too expensive she had 2 quoted last year both for £265. Doubt they'll honour that price now but I'll wait and see. Be a lot of work in that

A day inside, at a minimum, personally £400 and prey I don't get it. For a non customer that's £800 even if I needed the work.
If glass pass no matter what the price
Yeah I was thinking 500-600 but hit them with 500, but got refused on grounds of a year old quote this morning for 265! No I can't match that!!!!!!

Three sides look OK access wise but the side next to the slate roof building looks a bit tight especially when you have to pull your pole back and not hit the slate roof.
Do your best to avoid sunny weather as you will fry doing the inside.
Yes that was my concern getting that side of the roof.

Yeah I was thinking 500-600 but hit them with 500, but got refused on grounds of a year old quote this morning for 265! No I can't match that!!!!!!
It only really matters if you are a newbie and need the money. If you're paying your bills just smile, shrug your shoulders and move on. That's a hard job and if someone wants to sweat their boll0cks off for peanuts then let them. You never know it might be a newbie desperate for the work.
What concerns me most is why haven't they said yes to the £265. Do they think that's expensive.

It only really matters if you are a newbie and need the money. If you're paying your bills just smile, shrug your shoulders and move on. That's a hard job and if someone wants to sweat their boll0cks off for peanuts then let them. You never know it might be a newbie desperate for the work.
What concerns me most is why haven't they said yes to the £265. Do they think that's expensive.
Yes I agree. I just replied sorry I can't match that, (as a fully insured, trading standards approved, 5* rated tax paying business) well I didn't say that but thought it. There's always someone cheaper as much as there's always someone more expensive but it's quality at the end of the day and experienced good quality people of all trades know their worth

I actually quoted £500 because I did a decent size house upvc conservatory earlier in the year half the size for £275 in and out. Unfortunately she came back today and said I was too expensive she had 2 quoted last year both for £265. Doubt they'll honour that price now but I'll wait and see. Be a lot of work in that
If they will do that for £265 I would ask for there details and offer them a job ???? wouldn’t Evan consider doing the outside for that ????

She's probably had multiple quotes since then but still hanging on trying to find someone cheaper! Customers whose only concern is the cheapest price are a nightmare. They want to pay peanuts for a premium service and always expect more...."oh what about this....and that.....missed a bit.."

She's probably had multiple quotes since then but still hanging on trying to find someone cheaper! Customers whose only concern is the cheapest price are a nightmare. They want to pay peanuts for a premium service and always expect more...."oh what about this....and that.....missed a bit.."
They'll always find someone cheaper, let them crack on not worth breaking yourself for pennies i hate the hagglers well couldn't you make it cheaper malarkey

Yes I agree , over time I think you develop a 6th cense for this type of person and then avoid them at all cost , I get emails and they start like “ we are getting quotes for “ as soon as I see that the reply is thanks for your enquiry but unfortunately we are fully booked ????

They'll always find someone cheaper, let them crack on not worth breaking yourself for pennies i hate the hagglers well couldn't you make it cheaper malarkey
and the classic "what's your best price?"
That is my best price. It's not a negotiation. I quote and accept it or don't accept it. That's the price.
It's not like they go to McDonalds and barter over the price of a BigMac meal. I just can't be doing with them

I laugh when they say whats your best price i quoted once for external gutter, facias, sofits 2x gable ends plus put in free window clean of value £12, for £160 cheeky bugger rang and said was there any chance i could make it cheaper like around £80 i said £160 is a good price for detached property with small porch with gutter etc

I laugh when they say whats your best price i quoted once for external gutter, facias, sofits 2x gable ends plus put in free window clean of value £12, for £160 cheeky bugger rang and said was there any chance i could make it cheaper like around £80 i said £160 is a good price for detached property with small porch with gutter etc
I'm usually £200 now for a full pvc clean and gutter clear. I have to clean the windows because degreaser streaks them. Don't get involved with timewasters or time vampires no more, too busy now with reliable customers. Would rather have a rest day than let them dictate to me which happened yesterday, just drove away and told him to find someone else. ?

You should have said yes, is it the back or the front you want doing

Back