Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

coloured paving

WCF

Help Support WCF:

tench0771

ive got a soft wash job only a small job it has coloured paving blocks now im torn what to use was thinking hypo with clever wash ?or hypo with fairy? ive red that safe wash makes the hypo bost its perforemce is this just sales talk ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply m8 test patch done custmer happy as Larry
a4d5e9bd1698ea80cdcafca81888259b.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

custmer wants no pressure washing or moss romeved from between the blocks so a strate forwould clean happy days ill do it next week at some point i just added a bit of fairy job done

its not a sales pitch lee,clever wash would be lauramine oxide although you can use sodium laureth ether sulphate,commonly known as sles or sls,

those two are the only surfactants that match the ph of hypo (a ph of 12)using fairy or similar would work but wouldn't be nearly as effective.

as fairy and the like are designed to work in a broad range of ph levels and are very much watered down

i do have the clever app if you wanted details on the amounts to mix if you wanted

its not a sales pitch lee,clever wash would be lauramine oxide although you can use sodium laureth ether sulphate,commonly known as sles or sls,those two are the only surfactants that match the ph of hypo (a ph of 12)using fairy or similar would work but wouldn't be nearly as effective.

as fairy and the like are designed to work in a broad range of ph levels and are very much watered down

i do have the clever app if you wanted details on the amounts to mix if you wanted
f9ae14965ac13baf7ae32ac7e1074dd0.jpg

Is that the Lauramine oxide that you mean?

So this can be added to the Hypo instead of Softwash or another branded mix?

Thanks

Agree with Alec if it's not going on a wall roof etc where it needs surfactant don't allways need it- I bought a second hand clever injector yesterday chap chucked in a drum of the clever wash so I will be trying out in near future- think you add 400ml per 20 litres hypo

thanks guys i wet the paving slabs first and let it sink in then neat hypo left on for 30 min its rinced off job done i no lots on here will say neat wtf but my friend uses it this way he does more hypo cleaning than window cleaning and has done it for years this way , i used a back pack with wfp brush on pole extended hole job took under a hour easy money realy

thanks guys i wet the paving slabs first and let it sink in then neat hypo left on for 30 min its rinced off job done i no lots on here will say neat wtf but my friend uses it this way he does more hypo cleaning than window cleaning and has done it for years this way , i used a back pack with wfp brush on pole extended hole job took under a hour easy money realy
I'm same matey, that's why I asked as I've tried diluting it & takes quite a few goes. So bang it on neat & done in an hour..

Back