Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tubeless WFP?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Kennygggkent

Transparent Window Cleaning
Just watched exceed's Tubeless WFP vid, just wondered if anyone has it on and what they think, It's looks great but is it worth it?

I do run 'hose less' but not with the exceed kit, just use a rectus fitting which fits up inside the pole... And i love it! A nice little time saver!

I set up my SL-X18 with the ExCeed hoseless kit and loved it. So I did my SL-X25 DIY as per pics and it works just as well. I find the Exceed hose stay slips a bit in use maybe due to the 45 deg angle on the resi neck. But I drilled mine to 7.5mm and it doesn't slip. It's made from a piece of 2" plumb pipe. The other piece for the bottom of the pole is a tube bung off eBay. Bought a 10 pk for a couple of £s. A tip: after drilling it to 9mm or thereabouts put it in hot water for a few secs to soften it before pressing it into the pole otherwise they break. You can use your connector of choice. It works with the Uni-Valve as well.

20160622_143748.jpg

hose%20stay_02.jpg

hose%20stay_04.jpg

I don't think any JG fittings are non return or waterstop. I like a non return/waterstop at the base of the pole so my pump stops when I unplug from my pole.

Mind you if you use a John Guest like many do it only means you have to turn your controller off before disconnecting from your pole

Last edited by a moderator:
I set up my SL-X18 with the ExCeed hoseless kit and loved it. So I did my SL-X25 DIY as per pics and it works just as well. I find the Exceed hose stay slips a bit in use maybe due to the 45 deg angle on the resi neck. But I drilled mine to 7.5mm and it doesn't slip. It's made from a piece of 2" plumb pipe. The other piece for the bottom of the pole is a tube bung off eBay. Bought a 10 pk for a couple of £s. A tip: after drilling it to 9mm or thereabouts put it in hot water for a few secs to soften it before pressing it into the pole otherwise they break. You can use your connector of choice. It works with the Uni-Valve as well.
20160622_143748.jpg

hose%20stay_02.jpg

hose%20stay_04.jpg
What hose do you use connecting to your pole ? Im going tubeless with univalve so need something not stretchy but also not too stiff as it's going to be on my trolley.

Sorry Jay, missed this as I was reading the other thread.

I use PU hose, not PVC as its too stretchy for my liking. PU hose is tough and does take some getting used to. I only use 25mtrs so hand coil it which is a challenge but once you've got it you won't forget it. Once I've layed it out and before I connect it to my pole I untwist it by rolling in in my fingers to get rid of the coils and to get it to lay as flat as possible.

One other tip: when you first get it and before you use it, if you can, boil it for a few minutes to get it as soft as possible, then quickly lay it out full length as straight as possible weighting it at both ends and let it go cold. This helps get rid of the memory caused by the hose being stored tightly coiled for transport. Once cold, hand coil it in larger coils.

PS: I don't use a reel as you have probably guessed. You can carry up to 30 mtrs of PU easily as it's so light and much thinner than reinforced hose

I carry three lengths in my car, 25mtrs being the longest, and use whichever length is best suited to each section of work I'm doing. This saves me having to manage a long length of hose when I don't need to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Jay, missed this as I was reading the other thread.I use PU hose, not PVC as its too stretchy for my liking. PU hose is tough and does take some getting used to. I only use 25mtrs so hand coil it which is a challenge but once you've got it you won't forget it. Once I've layed it out and before I connect it to my pole I untwist it by rolling in in my fingers to get rid of the coils and to get it to lay as flat as possible.

One other tip: when you first get it and before you use it, if you can, boil it for a few minutes to get it as soft as possible, then quickly lay it out full length as straight as possible weighting it at both ends and let it go cold. This helps get rid of the memory caused by the hose being stored tightly coiled for transport. Once cold, hand coil it in larger coils.

PS: I don't use a reel as you have probably guessed. You can carry up to 30 mtrs of PU easily as it's so light and much thinner than reinforced hose

I carry three lengths in my car, 25mtrs being the longest, and use whichever length is best suited to each section of work I'm doing. This saves me having to manage a long length of hose when I don't need to.
I see gardiner are doing a green flexible pu hose wonder if that's better..

Back