latest employee -had to go

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by boarcity, Nov 19, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. boarcity

boarcity Guest

this lad,well man, of 21 was onboard only a day annoyed me coughing in van without puttin hand over face . but i decided no,no im not going to be hasty, give him a chance
    days passed,rolled into weeks- pickin flakey skin off his fingers , coughing and generally foul BUT good cleaning effort ,i thought hmm i can live with that
    but then yesterday,he cut his hand on a thornbush,a really small cut perhaps 1 cm long but MY GOD its blood - he insisted his hand fully bandaged before carrying on work. i was amazed , he genuinely was revelling in "the injured worker "status and by time we went home had lost all feeling in his hand

anyhow this morning he fails to turn up for work. uh oh whats coming next . a possible compo claim?

9.30 a.m i get a phone call, hello mate,iv been up the hospital all night -with a TIGHT CHEST - but im allrite now can work

i knew,sensed hed simply slept in

fookin tight chest my arrrse

Advertisement
  2. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

This reminds me why I don't employ, and I prefer my own company.

3. TolishAPurd

Don't worry about a compo claim mate, its not something you could have predicted or prevented. Sounded like a liability from the start tbh, so you are best shot of him. If I stopped work every time I cut myself I'd be fooked as its a weekly occurance for me.

4. Jimroot

Jimroot Guru

Tight chest. Would be funny if you weren't on the receiving end. Suppose it's lucky he didn't 'fall off the ladder after sustaining hand injury' (lawyers for you . Com)
    After this saga and the last numptie I hope you have better luck next time.

5. Green Pro Clean Ltd

I will start recruiting again next month and on the advert it will simply read
    'If you were born after 1985 do not waste your time applying'
    I've had enough of the kids. Only hiring the family man that simply wants to put food on his table and enjoy a quiet pint at the weekend.

6. Jimroot

Jimroot Guru

A family man with two or three days free would be a sturdy worker I'd imagine, or a lengthy trial period to sort the wheat from the chaff

7. OutlaneWC

OutlaneWC Active Member

What about the family men that are born after 1985, and the ones who don't even drink at the weekend?

8. johnny bravo

make them sign an agreement stating they are solelly responsible for there own personal insurance if they want any,
    they are working as self employed so they are liable for there own insurance etc
    in other words they are working as self employed.

ohh and no nose picking,
    butt raking out,
    hands down pants stroking there ding a ling,
    NO FARTING in the van:D:D:D

9. TolishAPurd

While I can understand the want for this, I would be careful voicing it in an advert. You might set yourself up for an age discrimination case.

I might have struck gold recently as I have a guy wanting to work with me that used to be a windy himself. Lives just round the corner, in his 40s stay at home dad, harmless sort. Seems a nice bloke as had a few chats with him now as I figure him out. Might start him out with the Christmas rush and see how he gets on.

10. boarcity

boarcity Guest

in the new year i will recruit a new un. im prob wanting a 16/17 yr old who hasnt had time yet to get into being a waster . i want milk fresh out of the churn non of this sour yellow slop that iv been buying lately

Advertisement