Latest wagtail squeegees

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by H MAN, Nov 9, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. H MAN

H MAN Forum Addict

Every time someone asks which one they should get no one seems to know which is which.
    Put this up so they will know.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And not forgetting the Wagtail Whirlwind Slimline which seems as though it the same.
    As Slimline above except this has blue disc and no holes in it like above. (This is a discontinued line)

Advertisement
  2. norm

norm Grand Master

whats the best H MAN in your opinion?

3. rugbywolf

rugbywolf Forum Addict

What's the difference between the whirlwind and the PC, apart from the holes, and why the holes?

4. H MAN

H MAN Forum Addict

Norm ; As you know we modify our Wagtail squeegees as they need a few tweaks to get them to work better .
    Now have our own DIY swivel type squeegee witch works more easily as well.
    If you need any info regarding modifications of the Wagtail go on this FB group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/449724178465007/
    Although I would be choosing the slimline as it seems like it would work same as the Wagtail Whirlwind.

Rubywolf; To me it does not seem that there is any different PC Slimline and the Whirlwind Slimline.
    Those holes where meant so to put small pins in the disc to restrict the movement of disc. (Wagtail Idea)

5. Natty1972

Natty1972 Forum Addict

Hi mr h , is the wagtail difficult to master , always fancy trying one . Don't know where to get one from .....

6. TolishAPurd

Its always seemed to me that if the wagtail company had a good look at the mods you, wagga, and others do, they could have an amazing product. I've got a wagtail myself and I like it, but I don't use it as my main squeegee as it just seems their missing a trick.

7. H MAN

H MAN Forum Addict

TolishAPurd; Yes many people have done modification on this squeegee to make it work easier.
    Regarding using them this is the only squeegee we use with the modifications or DIY squeegee based on the Wagtail squeegee.
    Learning to use these just a matter of practise like riding a push bike once you get it you are right.
    If you go on this FB group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1518240848433312/ will show you many different techniques use not only Wagtail squeegees but other fixed squeegee also.
    h

8. TolishAPurd

Thanks H. I'm actually quite quick with a wagtail, it feels very natural to me, but I wish the channels where cheap and interchangable like a normal squeegee. A bit less bulky and able to fit comfortably in a boab would be good too. And I would shorten the handle so my hand is closer to the glass for even more control. But I still use my wag for pole work, so I'll check out your mods some more and see if I can get that better. Thanks for taking the time to show everyone.

9. rshandyman

rshandyman Forum Addict

Tolish which pole do you use for wagtail.I have angle adapter for wagtail but it does not fit unger pole as it should and get loose quickly

10. TolishAPurd

Advertisement