Lazy Window Cleaners

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by All Round Cleaning, Oct 3, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

What is it with lazy ass window cleaners these days ????

The last 2 times I have been canvassing I have puck up new customers from lazy window cleaners !

1st one I quoted £10 for glass sills frames doors etc etc and her last window cleaner charged £5
    But didn't wipe sills down nor the frames !

Then tonight I puck up another I quoted £12 and the window cleaner they use is charging £6 but doesn't wipe sills nor clean the doors etc etc .

So it just goes to show you lazy ass window cleaners book ya ideas up or lose ya customers to blokes like me who go the extra mile !!!

So all in all this week I have puck up 5 new residential customers meaning a £676 a yr pay rise just from offering to go the extra mile .

Advertisement
  2. mark m

mark m Hero

Good week then are you still selling up or did you have a change of mind?

3. Dodger

Dodger Hero

You tell em Gav!!

4. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

I just started doing it this week lol. Without charging. No one does it about here, if you want that done you need to pay extra, just the way it is.

I dont think its got anything to do with being lazy, its time consuming. Thats why people leave it out or charge for it.

Im sure if they other window cleaners were charging the prices you are they would wipe there sills.

5. All Round Cleaning

Well mark some bloody idiot reversed into my car and dented the bonett so I'm going to go through he insurance
    As I think they will wright it off as its a 10yr old 3 series tourer and I think it will be classed as un economic repair
    So if they do my prayers for a van will be answered and no need to sell up .

6. All Round Cleaning

Same difference mate they are not going the extra mile my price is my price there price is there's
    They could charge more to do the extra but they obviously can't be bothered or just don't want to .

7. All Round Cleaning

Also some of my prices are not much more than I would charge just for glass tbh .

8. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

I think we will agree to disagree on this one lol. If you told any window cleaner they may get double what there customer is paying for wiping down there frames etc they would be all over it like a rash

I can see where your coming from though but as someone that has just started wiping down frames. My reason for not doing it was because it was time consuming not because I was lazy

9. All Round Cleaning

First clean yes I agree but cleans after it doesn't take much longer .

10. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

My main reason for starting to do it lol that and winter coming I may need to go 100% WFP during winter. I done the familys frames a few times, Now I hardly need to do them, I quick rub over with the cloth and there all good. I thought to start with it they would need done all the time though. Thats why I never done them

Advertisement