Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New Tesco Pump Box

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dodger

Well not quite.

I'm getting a bit fed up of filling up the backpack and as I only ever use it on a trolley I thought I'd improvise a bit. I got an old drill case and cut out some of the insides taking care not to ruin the structure so its still solid enough, drilled a couple of holes and jobs a good en. When battery and pump are strapped down its good to go. 25 litre containers rather than the backpack now and I can just swap those rather than fill backpack.

Very neat job dodger :Image9:

So did you use the parts from the backpack to make that?

Yeah mate. Not that neat really but just took em out ta one and popped em in that, easy least lol. Just had to leave room for a wireless remote switch gizmo.

Nice one...

Just a thought if that thing on the end is the controller dial might be best to make a cover or something to stop it getting broken off :Image9:

Nice one...

Just a thought if that thing on the end is the controller dial might be best to make a cover or something to stop it getting broken off :Image9:
Yeah got the cover from the backpack smurf, well spotted though lol.
Gotta put a couple of plastic washers or something on it though cos the cover isn't big enough now the controllers not recessed.

Cheers lads I really didn't do much though. lifted it out the back pack housing and dropped it on the case, literally lol. Tried of this morning though and by golly how much easier is that. No more lifting the 25 litre containers up to fill the backpack. Could even get a long hose and rig up something that would draw water from 2 or 3 in car, hmm now there's a thought.

Good little tip, I ran a hose from the boot of my car. I tried a hose connected with three on it and got it drawing off two. Was a bit temperamental at times

Might not be a good idea then Nearlyclean, and yeah I've considered the trailer Smurf I've been on the lookout for the right one locally but it's got to be very slim to get down the side of my house. If I go that route I want to be able to put another gate up and lock it away at night.

Good little tip, I ran a hose from the boot of my car. I tried a hose connected with three on it and got it drawing off two. Was a bit temperamental at times
I did something similar with a pump box so that I would have a bigger supply than 25L at once.

I have all the kit n the back of my car, and also run a 100m hose, just like a van mount, but with a number of 25L drums in the car.

I had one draw hose from a 25L drum to my pump box, then had another 25L drum feeding into the first one with a non-return syphon like this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sealey-EC94-Jiggle-Syphon-/261234174307?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3cd2c52963

Once you prime the syphon, the two drums draw down water at the same level, giving you a larger capacity of water to draw from, so you can clean a building without hanging out 25L drums. I guess that you may be able to add another with a 2nd syphon, but I haven't tried.

BTW, I found it useful to make sure that there is a bit of weight at the end of the draw hose, so that it stays on the bottom of the drum. If you added a strainer with metal parts or metal mesh at the end of the draw hose, then this will probably be enough. Otherwise it can float up during a clean and be a bit of a pain.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Yes I got strainer on end of pipe but it did float up yesterday and needs a bit more weight. I'll take a look at that syphon idea mate cheers for the tip.

Slip a length of plastic water pipe over the hose so it stays at the bottom of the drum then put your none return valve and strianer back on. Simples...

Like so....

View attachment 3823

Ignore the sock filter as the metal filter started to come away from it's plastic thread that screws into the one-way valve so was just a quick fix but have never bothered to replace.

Yes I got strainer on end of pipe but it did float up yesterday and needs a bit more weight. I'll take a look at that syphon idea mate cheers for the tip.

Latest Posts

Back