Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van Heater

WCF

Help Support WCF:

rcproperty

right been testing out a heater that you can mount in the van for the last week, in the house to start with.

I have had it set up in the celler, pluged in and with a thermometer sitting about 4 inches away from it.

the start temp was 19. turned it on and after the while the temp peaked at 26.4

it was pluged into a monator to mesure the power it uses. it was pluged in for 48hours with out being turned off and only used 4.4Kwh.

The average cost for a standard domestic user in UK is about 12.5p per KWh. depending who you are with.

so 48 hours constaint use costs £0.55p

this can also run on an inverter if neede without draining the battery to much depending what leasure battery you have. but only as a one off as it will drain the battery.

going back to the costs, some people use an Immersion Heater to heat the water.

a standard immersion heater is 3kw, so it would take 2 hours to heat 100 litres of water. only if there is no heat loss,

so 6kw per 100 litres. 500lt tank - 10 hours - 30kw used costing £3.75

pictures and more after tests in van next week!

cheap and a nice idea , I like to use a immersion heater for the sake of you say £3 a day it keeps my van warm all day and i can work all day not worrying about my hose freezzing etc in the snow

cheap and a nice idea , I like to use a immersion heater for the sake of you say £3 a day it keeps my van warm all day and i can work all day not worrying about my hose freezzing etc in the snow
that prices for the immersion hear comes from the standard copper insulated tanks in a house, so i guess it could be a little more when the tank is outside.

have you a way you could plug in a meter to see how much it uses just as a ref????

yer thats fine, give hot/warm water for cleaning glass to.

im thinking of gettin a small hot water system fitted in the van so i can have hot water all day from my tank.

that prices for the immersion hear comes from the standard copper insulated tanks in a house, so i guess it could be a little more when the tank is outside.

have you a way you could plug in a meter to see how much it uses just as a ref????

yer thats fine, give hot/warm water for cleaning glass to.

im thinking of gettin a small hot water system fitted in the van so i can have hot water all day from my tank.

i never bothered to see how much it cost as it is used so little each year but it is there if i need it keeps the van warm all day so i think it is great .Heater is great at night for keeping van warm but within 5 minutes opening the van up when working it will be cold again

i never bothered to see how much it cost as it is used so little each year but it is there if i need it keeps the van warm all day so i think it is great .Heater is great at night for keeping van warm but within 5 minutes opening the van up when working it will be cold again
yer there is that, once the actual van heater is blowing warm air that will keep you warm. but its a cheap way for guys to stop van freezing up.

I believe you can find a way to warm up the van just by installation inside of it. B)

Hi Guys, beeen offline from here for a bit, last year with low temps that froze the door locks open and needed bungees to keep them closed to be able to drive I spent the last 6 months thinking up with my answer, similar to others above a was "Hot Cell " of water. Not for most but here in N.Wales it gets down to minus10-12 and everything freezes after 10 days of those temps. I tried the L5 but.....then, The fish tank heaters where run off a 1000w inverter and were impotent because the thermostat cut out at 22 degrees..

I now have a small, standard house, indirect, insulated copper cylinder connected to the rad system- buckets of hot water and a toasty van.With very little overnight temprature drop. Early days but totally relaxed about the worst that this winter can bring. /emoticons/smile.png

Latest Posts

Back